Quantcast

Dirt Jumper 2 weight...

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
uuuuh, or not. someone needs to go back to mtbr^^
it's got the alu steerer, it's not that heavy.
marzocchi sez 2675 grams which = 5.8lbs. mine feels about like that. i haven't noticed a weight diffrence over my pike(~5.4ish). and it feels so much better for then my pike did for DJs and park soaks up my mistakes and doesn't dive on poppy lips.
for all you non-belivers look it up for your self.
http://www.marzocchi.com/Template/listSPAForkStatistics.asp?IDFolder=229&LN=UK&Sito=usa-mtb
http://www.onlineconversion.com/weight_common.htm

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
uuuuh, or not. someone needs to go back to mtbr^^
it's got the alu steerer, it's not that heavy.
marzocchi sez 2675 grams which = 5.8lbs. mine feels about like that. i haven't noticed a weight diffrence over my pike(~5.4ish). and it feels so much better for then my pike did for DJs and park soaks up my mistakes and doesn't dive on poppy lips.
for all you non-belivers look it up for your self.
http://www.marzocchi.com/Template/listSPAForkStatistics.asp?IDFolder=229&LN=UK&Sito=usa-mtb
http://www.onlineconversion.com/weight_common.htm
DJ feels better than a pike? Are you on crack? I swapped from a DJ3 to a Pike race and it felt sooooo much better. Mess with the floodgate/lockout, and dial it in for anything from skatepark to trails

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
DJ feels better than a pike? Are you on crack? I swapped from a DJ3 to a Pike race and it felt sooooo much better. Mess with the floodgate/lockout, and dial it in for anything from skatepark to trails
don't get me worng, the pike is an awsome fork, just not for park and DJs. my pike is currently on my trail bike and that's where it will stay for a long time.
trust me, i did mess around with every thing that fork had. the only way to get it stiff enough to not dive on popy lips (yes, even with the EX-frim spring kit) was with the fork locked out or near locked out and that gave NO small bump complince(fooling with the gate only made the diving worse and didn't help the small bump), not to mention that it put undue stress on the lock out. of the 5 pikes in my area that see DJ and park use, 3 of them were run locked out most of the time and all of those 3 leaked oil out the lockout.
pikes are light, easy to adjust and well designed, but they where not designed for that much stress, there's no getting around that. i'm also not the smoothest or lightest rider, nor do i like to feel held back by my equpment, so that also has a role in how much i like the DJ2.
it probibly doesn't help that you went from almost the cheapist DJer to almost the nicest pike. I went from a 426 to a DJ2.
and finaly, no i'm not on crack, but if you know where i can get some for a reasonale $... I hear it makes backflips super easy to learn...

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
got back to mtbr? more like someone just needs to go ride a good fork.
why all the hate for the DJs?
the mtbr comment, though a tad immature i admit, was because you and arboc took a wild guess about the weight of the fork based on a prejudce when the real weight is on the zokie site.

_bp

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Annandale
I am glad they weigh them without steerers. Everyone else includes the steerers in their weights and it ticks me off, because I don't run a steerer. Thank Marz. for keeping it real. That reminds me. Has anyone seen the skits on the Chapelle show about when keeping it real goes wrong? I can't remember; was there ever one on credibility?

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
I am glad they weigh them without steerers. Everyone else includes the steerers in their weights and it ticks me off, because I don't run a steerer. Thank Marz. for keeping it real. That reminds me. Has anyone seen the skits on the Chapelle show about when keeping it real goes wrong? I can't remember; was there ever one on credibility?
haha
seriously marz, who needs a steerer anyway. :banghead: