Quantcast

Dirt Jumper 3

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
My new DK UX 24 that I ordered is coming with a Marzocchi DJ 3. I'm not planning on doing much harsh, abusive drops and stuff so I'd like to sell this fork or trade it for something lighter in the 80-110mm under 5 lbs.
Any suggestions or people who want to trade?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
TheMontashu said:
shermen jumper
The Sherman Jumper or Dirt Jumper forks are not what I need. I won't be doing any dumb hucks to flat, casing miss judged doubles, or ghost riding my bike off a quarter pipe. That's what those six and seven pound three and four inch forks are made for. I've got a DH bike for drops and a mountain cross style bike for the real big doubles.

I'm looking for a 4" approximate four pound fork with simple dampening that I can set up really stiff. I ride real smooth but need a bit more "give" than a rigid.

Maybe someone has a MX Pro 105, Drop Off, Black, Minute, or something along those lines that they would like to trade for my brand new unused "04 DJ3. Or they can comment on bad or good experiences from these types of forks.

I just got my new bike today. DK UX 24's are the best!
'04 DJ3 110 $175 brand new!
Thanks

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Anders said:
try getting a 03 dirt jumper. i got a dj2 and its about 4.5 lbs and set up really stiff
4-1/2 pounds? Wow, my '04 DJ3 was about 7-1/2 pounds!
I think the '03 DJ's are about the same as a '04 and up Drop Off. I might think about getting something like that in 4", or it would probably be easy to convert it to 4" since there is no cartridge, just simple valving.

I just sold my DJ3, yah!

I've got my '04 Z1fr on my DK UX24 right now, works pretty good but is 5".

What about a Fox 125r? I'm looking at a used one of those. I don't know anything about Fox Forx.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
dexter said:
The Stance is almost 6 lbs , the Sherman Jumper is 5 1/2 lbs .
I am looking for a 4 to 4 1/2 lb 4" fork. If I wanted a heavy fork I wouldn't have sold my '04 DJ3 or I would keep '04 Z1fr on my bike.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
TWISTED said:
The Stance is almost 6 lbs , the Sherman Jumper is 5 1/2 lbs .
I am looking for a 4 to 4 1/2 lb 4" fork. If I wanted a heavy fork I wouldn't have sold my '04 DJ3 or I would keep '04 Z1fr on my bike.
what about a vanilla

offdawalley

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
hella over the rainbow
for what your doing, I should say a fox vinnnnnnnnala rlc and set it down to 4 inches, or a pike, with on the fly travel adjustment, I would prefer the fox though, and it has a regular hub, not 20, but a pike is really nice too

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
offdawalley said:
for what your doing, I should say a fox vinnnnnnnnala rlc and set it down to 4 inches, or a pike, with on the fly travel adjustment, I would prefer the fox though, and it has a regular hub, not 20, but a pike is really nice too
Thanks for the comment and "actual answer" to my question. Yeah, I was thinking the Fox Vanilla 100 might be the way to go.
Here's what my bike looked like new with the 7.26 lb fork.