Quantcast

Dirt jumping in Reno

crapacity

Chimp
Jul 20, 2005
What time saturday at Sandy's? DH on Sunday maybe?
Kid, are there any decent DH trails around the lake that you would be willing to share directions to? I think I am going to try to head up there Friday

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I can DH tomorrow, things came together. Any time after 10.

I will come up and help toss some dirt around, but do we have "the man's" blessing? I ain't doin' nothin wit out da blessin.

I can DH sunday too.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Per the blessing of the man, we are going to start working on a new line down from the top section, over the road gap, and then back into the easier left hand line to make a top to bottom run mortals can do. Should start this week or next. Crap and I will be digging, could use some help.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Tattooo said:
Per the blessing of the man, we are going to start working on a new line down from the top section, over the road gap, and then back into the easier left hand line to make a top to bottom run mortals can do. Should start this week or next. Crap and I will be digging, could use some help.
Yeah good luck with your piles of sand and stuff.:D

Maybe this week will be kind with regards to precip.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I think that we can bust out the line we want to do pretty easy off that last turn before you come down to the gap, going around the back of the tree you tried to whack.

Once it rains we can do the berms and the bumps and such.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Tattooo said:
I think that we can bust out the line we want to do pretty easy off that last turn before you come down to the gap, going around the back of the tree you tried to whack.
Tree? What tree? Who you been talkin to?

You'll appreciate the sunlight when you see the puddles that form there.

I'm curious to see what you got in mind.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Know the top section? Ok, as you come down and you're making the straight line over the two sets of doubles, there is a table at the top of that section. Talked it over with Saw, we're going to run it off of that table, over the natural hip, down the side, do a couple of flow turns and such, a smaller road gap that mortals can clear without rocket assist, a bowl berm in that section to the downhill side of the road gap, back across into the beginner line, and then we're going to build down straight after the roller to table top where the boards are now. We're gonna clean that up, take it into the back berm, and then work down the gully from there, hooking back up at the bottom with the main line.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
It keeps teasing us with rain, and nothing every day.

When lord, when will there be water for your people?

crapacity

Chimp
Jul 20, 2005
Hey Saw, sorry I missed your call this weekend.
Is there any day this week that anybody's planning on being out there? I'd like to hit it up after work at least once.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I am going up today at around 1:00 to start flagging where I want to dig, and then I am going to start digging I think.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Nope, but I am not shaping berms or jumps yet, just doing a rough-in.

You sell that 66?

Any interest in a wall ride in the new "mortal" area?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Tattooo said:
Nope, but I am not shaping berms or jumps yet, just doing a rough-in.

You sell that 66?

Any interest in a wall ride in the new "mortal" area?
I'm down with anything new.

I also want to stick a short wallride in jump/berm number two on the track as another option. It should be pretty easy to do.

Sold the 66.

Just a word of advice......don't use any of the sandy stuff that sits on the top in any of your piles. Even when wet that stuff won't pack, just toss it to the side. And believe it or not you are going to hit a clay layer that's pretty much undiggable at some point. Hard to believe but it's there. You might get a few feet of good dirt before you hit it though.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I went in today, lined out with grass flags what it is that I want to do.

A whole new top half after you come out of the berms up top, runs down the land off to the right, uses natural stuff, Crapacity liked it.

Then if you go through the jumps that run to the left hand side of the beginner run (to the left of the step up that the BMX kids "redid") over the table, over the next table, over the double and down through the berm that's there, I ran a section with flags all the way down the gully line that meets with the step down section of the bottom of the main line.

I am going to run it by Saw about using a walk behind plow deal to do the major work (because it is a lot of work) then do all the shaping by hand once it rains up there. Hopefully he will go for it because due to moving to VA I want to have this down, shaped and ready to rock by the end of December.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I was thinking of working it with the walk behind bobcat the 2,3,4 of December. It should take about a day to cut, then another day or two to shape assuming it rains.

Any help?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Tattooo said:
I was thinking of working it with the walk behind bobcat the 2,3,4 of December. It should take about a day to cut, then another day or two to shape assuming it rains.

Any help?
Once the ground gets wet I'm down there every weekend all weekend digging. That's what I do during winter.

I've spent hundreds of hours digging down there and plan on spending hundreds more so yeah, I'll definitely help you. Reno better get some rain by then.......

But you have to tell me what a walk behind bobcat is. :D You're not talking about a rototiller are you?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I can get us one for a weekend. One time is free, kinda like crack, but every time after is going to be $140 for 8 hours on the machine.

I am going to get one for that weekend posted above

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I am going to use the freebie to cut the new line I mapped out, and then pile some "stuff" for no good reason.

I am thinking the bobcat needs to be deployed for the 4x.

I can get a truck to haul it down should we have a trailer and a cat.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Anyone going up this week? I was thinking of sneaking out early on Wednesday, getting some time in.

And remember, cutting days are the first days of December.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Did it rain over the weekend here? Over the pass it was wet and nasty this weekend, wondering if any of it got to Sandy's.

When do we want to get the mini-bobcat? We're going to need a trailer and a truck to do the job with, the Toyota isn't going to cut it supposedly. Any ideas?

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
OK Dudes the ground is wet so now is the time to get **** done... Manpower shovels and all that good stuff,last weekend was a bust cause of no moisture but Friday and Saturday is a go before we can start another line we ned to finish the hip and the new race trail (now named revision B) lets get the new stuff done before starting anything else.. Thank you and you may now resume whatever you were doing..."SAW"

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
The new race line? Where dat?

Can I get leave to finish my berm to road gap to lower line, or am I part da work crew boss?

I love booze.

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
that would be your new line (revision B) we need to get that done and the Marylyn Monroe (hips and lips) done by Saturday. I am taking Thursday off .. Call me if anyone wants to dig...

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I am in Friday and Saturday until the back gives out.

All that's left on rev. b is the bottom jump and the berms to land.

Then the Marylin has the three jumps, then the step up. Not much work if its just even you and me

crapacity

Chimp
Jul 20, 2005
So who is going to be coming through down town around 12:00? maybe for Tacos del Mar? I am off work at noon, and will have to pedal up to sandy's unless anyone will be in the neighborhood to give me a lift.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
You working Friday? Sorry I didn't read this, but I was at home all day waiting for the no good goddamn UPS man to show up.

Though, the pink pussy bike is about to be done. Damn its rad.

Let me know if you want to go up tomorrow (friday)

crapacity

Chimp
Jul 20, 2005
I am up for it, but I am off work at 12:00 in downtown. I have to take the bus home, so if you are heading out later, I would be up for it. Otherwise, don't wait around.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I am over on Arlington, all of about 5 blocks away. Why don't you just come up here, then we can take off to Sandys?

crapacity

Chimp
Jul 20, 2005
Sounds like a plan. Where to meet? In the park by the basket ball courts, or elsewhere. I am thinking between 12:15 and 12:30