Quantcast

Dirt Jumping in Tacoma, WA

micahb

Monkey
Jan 6, 2006
Washington
There's a park in Seatac off of I-5, but i have never been. Word is don't bring your car or it will have the windows busted out and everything stolen. Can you get on Fort Lewis?

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
your closest bet is softies that I know of. ^^^^doubtful, you need a good reason and some athorita

Aug 26, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Thanks for the info-- but does anyone near Tacoma actually want to MAKE a spot? I'd really like to build one around here.

The video from GHY is sweet if you haven't seen it already. Where is this place?

prana.ferox

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
Seattle, WA
The Softies are in SeaTac, at a park called Des Moines Creek Park

http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.asp?trailid=bgw063-016

There's a flow park area with jumps and drops that is pretty well used, and then the Softies, which is what you see in the video. It's a little bit more difficult to find. You have to cross the creek.

The last time I was there was after a big wind storm a while back (right about the 2006/2007 turnover), and everything had downed trees laying all over it. Hopefully someone got out there with a chainsaw and did some clean up.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
Too easy for me, much more difficult for others. There is a bit of riding back in there. Although seeing other riders is rare, it is usually lycra clad XC people on the fire breaks or roads.
I wouldn't want to ride back there alone, run into one of those anthills without a buddy and your done