Quantcast

Dirt jumping MTB's

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
this is a copy n paste from my thread in DH forum, but its more appropriate here
Heya

what do you lads reckon of the norco one25? :think:
i was bored and checked out their catalogue, it appears pretty impressive, and damn cheap too!
i think its a bit ugly, but then again, its built like a friggin tank! its what i need as well, a bike thats built to take abuse, 'cause every bike i have to replace wheels at least once and worry about the frame:angryfire: but this thing sure looks tough!

LX rear, dmr chainguide, bmx 3piece cromo cranks, judy tt forks, cheap but built strong

any comments/opinions? i can get it about half price :eek: :D :cool:
and i already have a bigger set of forks and stronger front wheel waiting to be put on the bike

check the specs at
norcos site

axel

Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
conway, ma
ya, i dont think you will have to worry about breaking that frame...looks very nice, i dont know what wheels it comes with, but they should be ok for DJ. its a nice lookin bike, i say to go for it.

G

gravity

the 125 frame is a nice frame, but the forks let it down somewhat. however, if you have a better fork already, then it would be a great buy.

Oct 24, 2001
Az
looking bike. I like the inverted canti setup. Where's the DMR chainguide tension pulley?

One thing you may want to consider when buying a DJ specific bike, is a frame which offers adjustable rear dropouts/chain length--(If you ever want to run a single speed setup for the trails or street without a chainguide). Also having the ability to run a 24 rear is a good idea.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
Why not buy a bmx bike and get something even stronger and cheaper as well. I love to ride my MTB hard but it is way more cost effective to jump a BMX bike.

Z

Zonic Man

I would seriously look at the on-one gimp. The full bike is 800 complete. No gears. Very tits.

www.teamplanetx.com

very nice bike, especially for djing...in fact, dj specific!

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Leethal
Why not buy a bmx bike and get something even stronger and cheaper as well. I love to ride my MTB hard but it is way more cost effective to jump a BMX bike.
I second that...why not buy a 24" bmx cruiser it will be even cheaper and last longer.....D

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
but i'm weak :(
my frail body needs gears and suspension otherwise i cant ride :D:p
i got a bmx, might jump it a bit, but i like the idea of trials on mtb as well, and dont wanna be associated with bmx losers :p

Yuppie

Chimp
Sep 7, 2001
Oliver, BC
Originally posted by axel

wanna fight huh???:eek:

HAHAHAH, what a thing to say in the BMX forum..... but ya gotta admit that the little local punks (at least around here) are SH*T HEADS.

And I agree with Zonic, get yourself a Gimp. I have one. almost done building it. Very beef. Much nicer than last years 125 for sure (my buddy had one). www.unrealcycles.com and www.on-one.co.uk have some info on it.

axel

Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
conway, ma
Originally posted by Yuppie

HAHAHAH, what a thing to say in the BMX forum..... but ya gotta admit that the little local punks (at least around here) are SH*T HEADS.

And I agree with Zonic, get yourself a Gimp. I have one. almost done building it. Very beef. Much nicer than last years 125 for sure (my buddy had one). www.unrealcycles.com and www.on-one.co.uk have some info on it.
hmm...i think all the "little" BMX kids around here seem like "sh*t heads", but when you get to know them, there alright.

axel

Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
conway, ma
Originally posted by Yuppie

oh, and i second the gimp, great bike.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
heheh, i think we need [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] tags :p
as i said, i got a bmx i might jump on
and the shop i work in has heaps of little bmx'ers as regular customers

they're heaps funny, absolutely cool guys, i bet they called dickheads just because they're young teenagers that hang in groups... i really like the guys, and hell, they have more skills than i do, and more balls to do bigass jumps without caring for their bodies
i do group them as bmx punks, same with skate punks, but hey, they're just kids like me that wanna have fun!

the reason i want the norco is i can get it damn cheap!
heres an example: $1000 for chunky dirt jump frame
or $800 for complete norco, which i can sell its parts to upgrade
(.au peso's)