Quantcast

Dirt Jumping

B

bigjumper820

For dirt jumping, would a 'P' series bike be adequate? They look to be pretty strong with good geometry, but what are some people's opinions of bikes such as the p.2 and p.3? Thanks...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
anything will be adequate. the main factor in all of this is you, the rider. some people even like those p series bikes, too, go figure :D

(disclaimer: i ride an evil. poorly. but it's sure not the bike's fault.)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
The P. series are great bikes for the jumping of dirt! There are so many good ones these days... Kona Roast, Specialized P.whatever, SC Chameleon, Evil, Endless, Brooklyn, the list goes on. Mountain bikeys is cool.

B

bigjumper820

Ya, I'm not worried so much about the price, I can get an '04 for around $600...thanks for the details...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
hey for what its worth i bought an 04 kona roast xl. its an awesome dirt jumping bike and comes with solid components. i scraped the dirtjumper III for a lighter Fox vanilla 125 though. bomb proof and fits my 6'4" frame.

But the high-end P series bikes come stock with truvativ box guides....i am envious to say the least. nothing 80 bucks cant fix for me i guess.....
peace

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego
p series is a great dirt jumper. but i don't think my p1 appreciates the rider. short top tube, short wheelbase, steep head angle, relatively light, good bike. but i wouldn't pay 600 for it cause i got mine for 470 :)

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego
i don't get why they upped the price to 600. everything's the same. they could have changed up something, perhaps longer horizontal drop outs so we can make use of chain tensioners.

Originally posted by ibismojo
i don't get why they upped the price to 600. everything's the same. they could have changed up something, perhaps longer horizontal drop outs so we can make use of chain tensioners.
Laws of supply and demand, buddy, there was so much demand last year that the shops around my area couldn't keep it in stock. So they experimented and decided to up the price since they can get away with it, that's like doubling, or even tripling the profit right there.

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego
Originally posted by nicklin
Laws of supply and demand, buddy, there was so much demand last year that the shops around my area couldn't keep it in stock. So they experimented and decided to up the price since they can get away with it, that's like doubling, or even tripling the profit right there.
maybe up north but in san diego, it wasn't too hard to get.