Quantcast

Dirt jumps??

Flat tyres

Monkey
May 30, 2007
If Diablo had the room and material for a dirt jump park do you think it would bring more riders to the mountain?

This is not meant to be a discusion about Dominion either, more of an area close to the base, that can be acessed without the lift. Jumps more suited for HT, or short travel bikes, that will allow for more of a session type atmosphere. and ofcourse you will need to buy a ticket to ride.

Here what Stowe has done:

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
You know that Stowe mountain bike park was built by the local mountain bike club on public land in town, and not built by the ski resort, right? It's free to ride and doesn't generate revenue for the resort.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
It would be neat, but this has come up before. I think there is an issue with the fact that Diablo simply only "borrows" the mountain during the summer. Anything that is built in the way of ski/snowboard trails would have to be torn down at the end of the mounain biking season.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
There was a mini jump park back in 2000 in the base area; Considering how minimally managed the operation was then - I would be inclined to believe it's possible.

Now is it practical within Terralogic's business plan and agenda? We need some information!! It may be too much of a liability concern for IntraWest or simply a distraction from the current focus.

I think it could work well, especially considering the people that show up with hardtails to jump dominion all day long.

makes you go 'Hmmmm...'

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
And then all the guys who sit at the bottom and try to pick up ugly water park girls can show off these supposed "biking skills" on the DJs and the girls can oooooh and aaah and then chase after a cheeseburger