Quantcast

dirt jumps

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
so i have been seriously djing for about 2 months now and i am confused about tricks like tabletops and full x-ups.
it seems like every time i try one i crash because i cand get out of the trick in time to land. my jumps are 4 fotters mainly and have a tranny that goes almost to vert. i dunno wat else to try. so maybe some monkeys can help me out :monkey:

Originally posted by mcA896
so i have been seriously djing for about 2 months now and i am confused about tricks like tabletops and full x-ups.
it seems like every time i try one i crash because i cand get out of the trick in time to land. my jumps are 4 fotters mainly and have a tranny that goes almost to vert. i dunno wat else to try. so maybe some monkeys can help me out :monkey:
try practicing on a trampoline, no seriously, a lot of people use it to improve thier form to be more comfortable in air.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
learn x-ups on the ground. you can do it at a stop or you can doing while rolling slowly. then, in the air slowly work up to full x-ups.

for tables you can lay on your back with the bike in your hands and pedals on the feet. practice laying the bike over into the table top position. then, off the jump slowly work on laying it all the way over. this can be a hard trick to learn for some. sometimes it helps to do it on a hip so your turning while your doing it..

for other tricks to learn
one handers
no handers
one handed x-ups
one footers
no footers
one footed x-ups
seat grabs
one footed seat grabs
no footed seat grabs

etc...