Quantcast

dirt quarter pipe.

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
man these things are fun. i started out yesterday with 4 **** eatings and finally after today i am getting out of the coping.

theres an even steeper taller wall to build about a 6 foot qp right beside.

i like this one too. reminds me of ryan leech's part in kranked six.

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
my dj park is clay. i know how you feel. what are some tricks to try or anything i should be doing in quarter pipes? i might build some other ramps around to try transfers as lon as they dont cut more dirt out of this hill.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
that's some sweet air out of the quarter.

Me and beerz built a dirt spine with an 18"x8' wood deck on top. I need to get some pics up.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
sweet, nice work.

this is our dirt spine that we just redid with two 2x4's. My friend jim did a little how-to of the design along with a 3D model of the spine.

(side view)
There are two 4x4's connected with 2x4's. The width is 1 foot and 2 inches...

front)
The 2x4's are spaced out to allow the spine dirt and dirt in between the 4x4's to merge. The huge spacing in the middle allows a large portion of the spine to extend into the 4x4's. This basically makes a tongue and groove system that should anchor the coping down.

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
quick dry cement? does that actually work? can you show us some pics of its use?

it doesn't look any different than using clay. its just more tuneable. you need a big wheel burrow, a garden hose, and some fine lookin dirt. and just mix it in and it takes a couple batches to get right. if you just put a layer of cement it will crack.