Quantcast

Dirty Bird DH

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
The bird is the word! That track looks fun.. will it be longer by August?
Yessir. The track is short but long enough to race on. I think Pro times will be between 1:30 and 2:00, but the track is pretty pinned from start to finish. Riders will have to memorize countless turns and save for the berms and doubles, hardly any of the track is smooth. By August its gonna be really rooty and rocky!

We still have between 100-200 vertical feet to work with before we hit the bottom (lodge). Beyond the lodge, there is nearly 400 vertical feet below of unused old golf course. If we added one pedalling section, we could easily make a 3+ minute track. We're going to consider the feasibility of this in the future. As for the current track, more turns, some pedalling, and some rock sections are gonna happen between where we're at and the lodge.

This mountain isn't huge vertical...but I promise NOBODY will leave disappointed. You just have to ride it to understand.

Last edited:

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Awesome looking course. Looks like a nice combo of everything dh.
Thanks brotha...yeah that episode might have influenced the chorus just a bit.

The track is designed to be the ultimate mixture of speed, tech, and flow. Every section has at least two of them! The way it seamlessly drops you in and out of rock gardens with berms and jumps between is just too much fun. You never settle in to one type of trail; we've got it all, fast open grass, berms, jumps, rock gardens, off camber roots all day, you name it. You can kind of tell in the vid, but every section has braking considered into the design. Tight stuff or rises to naturally kill speed before tech sections, berms to hold speed where you need it; you may be braking, but you really don't feel like you're losing speed because the speed is always appropriate to the terrain. ie; it always feels fast, even in the tight twisty parts.

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Thanks brotha...yeah that episode might have influenced the chorus just a bit.

The track is designed to be the ultimate mixture of speed, tech, and flow. Every section has at least two of them! The way it seamlessly drops you in and out of rock gardens with berms and jumps between is just too much fun. You never settle in to one type of trail; we've got it all, fast open grass, berms, jumps, rock gardens, off camber roots all day, you name it. You can kind of tell in the vid, but every section has braking considered into the design. Tight stuff or rises to naturally kill speed before tech sections, berms to hold speed where you need it; you may be braking, but you really don't feel like you're losing speed because the speed is always appropriate to the terrain. ie; it always feels fast, even in the tight twisty parts.
Props! I love how much analysis you put into this. I wish every resort trail was this well thought out. Looks like you really built a winner! :thumb: