Quantcast

Dirty Dawg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm thinking about racing the Dirty Dawg XC race this weekend at the Mountain Lakes Resort and was wondering if anyone could clue me in on what the trails are like so I can make a good tire selection. I know there is a lot of climbing but I am curious about the rock condition. Are the trails loose? Are there lots of rocks, how big pointy or round are they?

Anyone else plan on attending?

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
errrrrrrrrrrm.

after a 2-year hiatus, i'm really trying to get back into racing, but this sunday? it would kill me.

anyone else going? if there are more than, say, two people going, i might take the plunge.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't have 2.5 minions. This is an XC race, I'm pretty sure 2.5" will not fit on my Flux. I think I'm going with some 2.25 Mibros.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
What other races you doing this season Westy?

So far it's looking like I'll be at the Meltdown, Poor Farm spring cup, 12 hours of Lodi, 24hrs of Big Bear and SM100.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What other races you doing this season Westy?

So far it's looking like I'll be at the Meltdown, Poor Farm spring cup, 12 hours of Lodi, 24hrs of Big Bear and SM100.
I kind of just play it by ear it all depends on how I feel but I do plan on doing the 3 in C'ville: Meltdown, Blue Ridge School and Walnut Creek. I'm probably going to do the Middle Mountain Momma instead of Lodi because Douthat is just badass. I'm probably going to do a bunch of the other nearby events depending on how I feel.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah, I was tempted by the Momma. I rode the course last Wednesday. First time riding at Douthat since I went full rigid and I absolutely loved it. That course is most definitely bad ass. I commited to Lodi awhile back though so I'm locked in for it.

What is the blue ridge school race all about? Also, got a date and any course info on the Walnut race?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, I was tempted by the Momma. I rode the course last Wednesday. First time riding at Douthat since I went full rigid and I absolutely loved it. That course is most definitely bad ass. I commited to Lodi awhile back though so I'm locked in for it.

What is the blue ridge school race all about? Also, got a date and any course info on the Walnut race?
Unfortunately the Blue Ridge race is the same weekend as Poor Farm.

James at the CRC is stepping up and running the three events. Hopefully this means the Meltdown will not be the cluster**** it was last year.

http://www.cvilleracing.org/Triple_Threat.html

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good, the meltdown was ran like a radio flyer full of goat turds barreling down a forest road. I'm glad I was just doing it for fun, because otherwise I would have been irritated.
Were you at the early start or the late start? THe noon start didn't get off until 1:30 because everyone had to wait for J. Bishop to get ready. By the time we started most people were already starving and out of water. Results were never posted because they were never recorded.:disgust1:

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Were you at the early start or the late start? THe noon start didn't get off until 1:30 because everyone had to wait for J. Bishop to get ready. By the time we started most people were already starving and out of water. Results were never posted because they were never recorded.:disgust1:
I was at the early start.

Charlie, you doin' the Meltdown?