Quantcast

dirty turdsday gfmt

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I assume you're going to le Dr?
Seems fine, I think the damage to the wall was significantly worse than the damage to his head. Cried for a few minutes, could tell he was more scared than hurt. No lump/bruise/blood.

Will keep a close eye on him, especially when he's learning to repair drywall today.

IMG_20220505_085658430_HDR_resize_42.jpg

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey guys lol. 5 mile run done early. My legs were tired and sore from my hard run last night but I am happy I got that done.

Since the cat died, the basement is now clear of all cat stuff (food, litter, toys, etc) so I can let the young dog downstairs with me when I work from home. She wasn't allowed in the basement before because she would eat all of that cat stuff. So, I guess this is what I can expect on my work from home days:

20220505_091311.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Was planning on riding the bike to work today, but when I got up just after 5am, saw that it was still pitch black out and realized that I didn't know where my lights were, I said screw and went back to sleep. Will need to try again next week, as tomorrow I have to travel to the city to visit some other buildings, joy.

In other news; coffee.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Dental cleaning at 8 was the best part of my day. :fie: Sync with new boss on the status of my Schroedinger's project and employment later today. :panic:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Yard stuff to do and a doctor appointment this afternoon.

I think I'll go ride instead.

Also, wife's school made the local news, and not because of it's test scores. My favorite part is one of the people named specifically in the States complaint, responds with basically "I know you are, but what am I?" Lady, you should be looking for a lawyer. :rofl:

View attachment 176017
Not in the office today.
"A bad day fishing........."

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Welcome to the darkside, its not so bad. :busted:

Is this still your Xprezo?
the larger wheelsize was mostly for tire choice. i started running cushcore (managed to get one of the last 26" sets) and there aren't a lot of options for 26" dh casing tubeless tires. only decent ones were michelin dh34 in race compound; those run $75 a piece and were pretty hammered after a season even though i only got 6 or 7 days on them.

and yes, still the xprezo. there's enough clearance for a 27.5, but barely:

(note: this is a 2.5 delium tire inflated to about 45 PSI, the DH34's are 2.4 - and on the small side at that - and have better clearance)

1651758693440.png

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
the larger wheelsize was mostly for tire choice. i started running cushcore (managed to get one of the last 26" sets) and there aren't a lot of options for 26" dh casing tubeless tires. only decent ones were michelin dh34 in race compound; those run $75 a piece and were pretty hammered after a season even though i only got 6 or 7 days on them.

and yes, still the xprezo. there's enough clearance for a 27.5, but barely:

(note: this is a 2.5 delium tire inflated to about 45 PSI, the DH34's are 2.4 - and on the small side at that - and have better clearance)

View attachment 176027
That looks tight. Better hope you don't knock that thing out of true in the middle of a run. :D

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No

That looks tight. Better hope you don't knock that thing out of true in the middle of a run. :D
yes.

there's plenty of side to side clearance actually. developing a hop would be problematic. but given how well tensioned they are if it gets that badly out of whack the rim is likely toast anyways.

also, 45 psi. dropping it down to a pressure i'd actually be riding gives a slight improvement in clearance.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
yes.

there's plenty of side to side clearance actually. developing a hop would be problematic. but given how well tensioned they are if it gets that badly out of whack the rim is likely toast anyways.

also, 45 psi. dropping it down to a pressure i'd actually be riding gives a slight improvement in clearance.
The no was a typo. Oopsie tootsie.

Guess it's worth a shot. What's the worst that can happen, right?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
You gonna make it up to Copper Harbor/ Da U.P.?
gNope! The furthest north we'll get is Greentown, IN, and honestly that's only the first few days of the trip. Everything else will be south of there. Details in the thread I just posted.

Edit to add: not just gNope but FUCK gNope. October in the U.P.? Hard pass. Also, going that far north and also getting as far south and east as we want would be tough in the 2-1/2 week timeframe we have. While I hear Copper Harbor and Marquette are good, the mystic draw of the riding in TN/NC is what is driving the plans on this trip. I feel like a Great Lakes/Midwest trip would be it's own thing, entirely. The problem with doing anything east of here, is there ain't fuck all between here and there. You gotta blow an entire day to day-and-a-half driving just to get anywhere worthwhile.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
hello all

not working today

school thing for elder kid (kids are presenting about a famous figure--she's Marie Curie as are apparently several others in her class) then dress rehearsal for wind ensemble tonight

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
gNope! The furthest north we'll get is Greentown, IN, and honestly that's only the first few days of the trip. Everything else will be south of there. Details in the thread I just posted.

Edit to add: not just gNope but FUCK gNope. October in the U.P.? Hard pass. Also, going that far north and also getting as far south and east as we want would be tough in the 2-1/2 week timeframe we have. While I hear Copper Harbor and Marquette are good, the mystic draw of the riding in TN/NC is what is driving the plans on this trip. I feel like a Great Lakes/Midwest trip would be it's own thing, entirely. The problem with doing anything east of here, is there ain't fuck all between here and there. You gotta blow an entire day to day-and-a-half driving just to get anywhere worthwhile.
You could always hit Yankee Springs on the way up to Copper Harbor.

:homer: