Quantcast

dirty turdsday gfmt

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
You could always hit Yankee Springs on the way up to Copper Harbor.

:homer:
Dude.

Yankee Springs is the first "destination" mountain bike trip I ever did. When I lived in IN, we'd heard about those trails so we got a small crew together and went up and camped and rode for a weekend. I consider it the first "real" mountain biking I ever did, to be honest. If I were to do a Great Lakes/Midwest riding focused road trip, I would totally want to hit all the trails I cut my teeth on as well as all the new school kickass stuff. Yankee Springs, Fort Custer, Pinckney, maybe do some riding around Traverse City. And then yeah also Marquette and Copper Harbor and all that nonsense.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Dude. That tamale looks delicious...

Yankee Springs is the first "destination" mountain bike trip I ever did. When I lived in IN, we'd heard about those trails so we got a small crew together and went up and camped and rode for a weekend. I consider it the first "real" mountain biking I ever did, to be honest. If I were to do a Great Lakes/Midwest riding focused road trip, I would totally want to hit all the trails I cut my teeth on as well as all the new school kickass stuff. Yankee Springs, Fort Custer, Pinckney, maybe do some riding around Traverse City. And then yeah also Marquette and Copper Harbor and all that nonsense.
Yep. You and I (perhaps drunkenly) have discussed MI riding at some point in the distant past... I found it amusing because Yankee was also the first "real" mt biking I had done, having gone to school in Kalamazoo. The "Devil's Soup Bowl" was pretty fun on an old rigid bike, from my vague recollection.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Hatred of Costco intensifies.

Ordered coffee beans, they took their sweet ass time shipping, then they were delivered yesterday, just not to my house. Had to buy some coffee at Starbucks like an asshole, then started investigating, somehow they were delivered to my old address, changed my shipping address and address linked to me membership, they shouldn't even have my old address anymore. Hopefully nobody tours the old place today and they're still on the porch when I get back toward home after work.

Since renewing my membership the only thing they've managed to not suck at is having cream cheese in stock.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

Ordered coffee beans, they took their sweet ass time shipping, then they were delivered yesterday, just not to my house. Had to buy some coffee at Starbucks like an asshole, then started investigating, somehow they were delivered to my old address, changed my shipping address and address linked to me membership, they shouldn't even have my old address anymore. Hopefully nobody tours the old place today and they're still on the porch when I get back toward home after work.

Since renewing my membership the only thing they've managed to not suck at is having cream cheese in stock.
These guys never mess up my shipments. Good pricing too.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

when i order whole bean coffee from costco, it usually shows up in 2-3 days.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
What flavor are you on ? I used to keep Orphenadrine on hand until they made it time release only thus making ineffective for stopping a back spasm. Still on the lookout for a no dicking around muscle relaxer.
My back was acting up a couple weeks back, so I took some baclofen I had around from when I had back surgery... I was a zombie shortly thereafter. It did work, though. :D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Lunch ride didn't suck, met a guy visiting from Grand Junktown at the top of the trail, good fun pinning it with him and my local buddy down a rocky techy swoopy blown out trail. Got back to the house/office about 7 minutes after the weekly 1:1 meeting with my boss started, fortunately he was late as well so it all worked out. It was clear I had just gotten back from a ride, and he asked about it. "When you say you go for a ride at lunch, like... what does that even mean? Do you just hop on your bike and pedal over to a trail and then you ride and then pedal back home?" Yeah man... that's exactly what it means.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Lunch ride didn't suck, met a guy visiting from Grand Junktown at the top of the trail, good fun pinning it with him and my local buddy down a rocky techy swoopy blown out trail. Got back to the house/office about 7 minutes after the weekly 1:1 meeting with my boss started, fortunately he was late as well so it all worked out. It was clear I had just gotten back from a ride, and he asked about it. "When you say you go for a ride at lunch, like... what does that even mean? Do you just hop on your bike and pedal over to a trail and then you ride and then pedal back home?" Yeah man... that's exactly what it means.
My new boss (as of last year) rides. I am pretty open about the fact that I go on lunch rides, and plan on taking PTO to go downhilling.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My new boss (as of last year) rides. I am pretty open about the fact that I go on lunch rides, and plan on taking PTO to go downhilling.
My boss doesn't mountain bike or ride road, but he is a pretty avid bike commuter when he does go to the office. He also has a couple kids and works a ton, so he doesn't have the time to ride for fun really. When I told him that yeah, I just hop on my bike and in a mile or two I'm at a trail head he said "So it's like how some people just go for a run?" and I'm like yeah, except way more funner. He's a cool guy, I get the sense that though he loves his wife and kids he is a bit envious of my freewheelin' lifestyle.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
My boss doesn't mountain bike or ride road, but he is a pretty avid bike commuter when he does go to the office. He also has a couple kids and works a ton, so he doesn't have the time to ride for fun really. When I told him that yeah, I just hop on my bike and in a mile or two I'm at a trail head he said "So it's like how some people just go for a run?" and I'm like yeah, except way more funner. He's a cool guy, I get the sense that though he loves his wife and kids he is a bit envious of my freewheelin' lifestyle.
"Have kids," they said...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
My boss just accepts that I am nuts. I was still running fire/rescue when he hired me. He is not surprised when I get wracked in a bike crash or shattering my ankle in a canyon. He also knows that I will push through pain and work when the other guys call out and are home whining from a bruise.

Asada Burrito and beer has just been consumed

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My secret is I'm teaching my kids to mountain bike too