Quantcast

Dirty Words: A Look Back at Lance

Discussion in 'Road & Cyclocross' started by BM-Sal Ruibal, Oct 19, 2012.

1. BM-Sal Ruibal

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    lancelead.png
    We come not to bury Lance Armstrong, but to review some of the weird, awkward, crappy and embarrassing moments that I spent while following Lance and his ilk around the world.
    ---

Dirty Words: A Look Back at Lance

Please register to disable this ad.

2. JohnE

JohnE filthy rascist

Rep/Likes:
    147 / 641
    That wasnt even funny...fail...

3. SuspectDevice

SuspectDevice Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 28
    Hi Saul!
    I'm glad this Surfer/Ridemokey thing is happening because otherwise I would have missed this one.

For people that don't know Saul has been the cheif cycling correspondet for USA Today for... as long as I can remember. Besides getting pushed around by Armstrong, he's gotten some pretty sweet stuff published, especially some of the really compelling stuff about Palmer.

Speaking of which....
    When can you guys start going after Weisel directly?
    He deserves to spend a few months in a minimum security prison.
    The fact that he engineered the buyout of USAC in 2000 and bent MTB racing over is widely known.

There are quite a few prominent, pissed off, well known ex usac board members that would, I'm sure, like to vent, especially now that it's less likely that some of them will face financial repercussions for telling the truth.

Pretty, pretty, pretty please help all of the shady Tailwind dealings and ex 7-11/Southland-Corporation stuff come to the light of day.
    For ****s sake, one of Weisel's ex-usps masters teamates is the president of USAC. He's also a sport scientist who authored a pretty weak scientific article that saw publication in Medicine and Science in Sports Exercise that was funded by Specialized(not that there's anything wrong with that)

So, a guy with access to plenty of drugs, teamate of a masters racer who NO DOUBT was racing dirty. The same dirty mothereffer that, according to many accounts is the instigator behind the institutionalized USPS doping program.

Let's get the Carmichael/Greg Strock testosterone/testicular cancer lawsuit in the news too.
    We could go on, but we need to get Weisel out of this sport and clean house ASAP.

Can I ask a frank question?
    Is the media in general afraid to talk about Weisel since he no doubt has a bigger legal war chest as Armstrong?
    Why is it that the former vice-chairman of JP Morgan(who left, disgraced in 2009) is in charge of USAC discretionary(athletic) funding by holding the USACDF position on the USAC board?

There is a huge, huge, story out there, I hope our endemic press can break it before the rest of the media because as a whole we are going to need to do a gigantic amount of damage control. This stuff is juicy, juicy, juicy.

Thanks,
    Mickey, owner of Spooky bikes, angry as hell and can't take it any more.

p.s.
    Want leads?

#3 -   Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  4. Silver

Silver find me a tampon

Rep/Likes:
    10 / 0
    Don't forget the Amgen/AEG angle...

#4 -   Nov 6, 2012