Quantcast

Disc brakes

G

gravity

Seems to me I'm the only rider here still using V-brakes! does anyone else not have discs? anyway, on my next bike I'm goin to get discs, it comes standard with Avid CPS discs but i was thinking of trading them in at purchase for a set of XT hydros. is it worth it to do this? I'm going to be using this bike for jumping, slalom, DH and maybe that Super-D thing if it ever comes to Australia (which it won't). And has anyone here who is NOT from North America used the online mail-order sites with success (such as pricepoint, jensonusa etc)? :help: :confused: :monkey:

strakos

Official RM Complainer
Sep 10, 2001
3rd rock from the sun
For DH I would really consider getting the XT´s but if it is only for light DH and jumping the CPS is good enough.

I have a dual bike with V´s. You have no idea what XTR V´s, good pads and ceramic rims do.

G

gravity

actually i've ridden XTR V's on ceramic rims, and yes they have much more raw power than any other brake except magura hydro rim brakes. but when rims get damaged or wet or cold discs are consistent, which is why I want a set. yes yes and they look cool.

Ranger

Swift, Silent, Deadly!
Aug 16, 2001
Y'all can't see me...
Servus!

For the money you will lay out for the XT's, I would buy MAGURA Gustavs. Not anywhere as fiddly when it comes to maitenance and the Gustavs are proven bombproof for downhill, freeride, etc. They even make a LARGE front rotor for those of you who go to the top of the run using the chair lift.

Hopefully, Magura will send me free stuff for the free advert.:wink: :thumb: