Quantcast

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Man, you guys are pretty damn impatient. Remember that things used to take up to a month back in the day, waiting a week is nothing.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Yeah, it's not X-mas season or anything:rolleyes::rolleyes:. Shipping delays are only going to get worse the next few weeks.
Definitely!

@limitedslip... suggest giving it a couple more days.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
in my experience, USPS has the WORST tracking system. Many times my packages don't show up in it, ever.
It will appear instantaneously as being processed if the office isn't completely ghetto without PCs, updated location info and delivered status less than 4 days after being dropped off is another story.

whoosh

limitedslip

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
I guess I can wait till tomorrow night. I'd feel more comfortable if he'd given me a tracking number though.

Owennn

Monkey
Mar 10, 2009
Yeah, it's not X-mas season or anything:rolleyes::rolleyes:. Shipping delays are only going to get worse the next few weeks.
Whats that got to do with anything? some people have been waiting 36 days now and counting without a tracking number, even though it has been requested numerous times including in the initial transaction.

How does it take that long to come from the US to Australia?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Whats that got to do with anything? some people have been waiting 36 days now and counting without a tracking number, even though it has been requested numerous times including in the initial transaction.

How does it take that long to come from the US to Australia?
One word: customs. I've heard of things held for weeks, even months. Shipping internationally is a PITA and that's what you risk unfortunately.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
@DiscountedCycl - Give people tracking numbers and save yourself this trouble.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I can confirm this. At my job, I regularly get stuff from all over SE Asia. I've had shipments take 2 months, roughly 75% of that being time in customs.
Yep. RM members had to coddle me when I had a set of cranks from RaceFace on lock down at customs coming from Canada to the US. Mine were held for roughly a month b/c I had them sent to my work address and our company has their own customs broker to inspect them.

Since they didn't go through normal company channels, it took the broker 2 weeks to get to it.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
The guys is offering killer deals AND free shipping, AND people want tracking numbers too? How about same day delivery? How about instead of packing materials, he uses baby seals and wraps them in unicorn skin too?

:)

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
The guys is offering killer deals AND free shipping, AND people want tracking numbers too? How about same day delivery? How about instead of packing materials, he uses baby seals and wraps them in unicorn skin too?

I placed my order on 11/20.
No handlebars yet.
I don't want to spread ill will. I just want to know where my damn bars are.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

i want him to come to my house, cook me dinner, and pour my beers while he installs the parts.

limitedslip

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
Started dispute resolution on paypal last night. I doubt I'll see my money or the product, but at least it'll keep him from ripping anyone else off for a little while. I'm in the US fwiw.

limitedslip

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
And you're a cockmunch to boot.
If you think I'm being unreasonable, then I'm sure you won't mind insuring my product for me. I'll send 10$ to an escrow, you send 50$ (for the seatpost). When it arrives, the escrow sends the 60$ to you. If it doesn't arrive, and I get no refund, he sends it to me. Sound fair?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
If you think I'm being unreasonable, then I'm sure you won't mind insuring my product for me. I'll send 10$ to an escrow, you send 50$ (for the seatpost). When it arrives, the escrow sends the 60$ to you. If it doesn't arrive, and I get no refund, he sends it to me. Sound fair?
I would almost be willing to paypal you the $50 just to save me from having to read your bitching.:thumb:

EDIT- oh yea.....ignore list. Forgot about that gem. I just saved $50!

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
so let's get this straight... you ordered product, paid with paypal. seller ships product. there are issues in transit, and its the sellers fault? :confused:
Do we know he shipped? Paypal will side with limited slip, unless tracking shows that it made it to his house. a receipt is useless in paypal court.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Still waiting on a seatpost two weeks out.
i am sorry the postal service is taking soo long if you do not get it by monday i will send another one out
Do we know he shipped? Paypal will side with limited slip, unless tracking shows that it made it to his house. a receipt is useless in paypal court.
Appears so......guy even offered to send out another one on the house for the shipping mishap.......definitely the sign of a scammer.

limitedslip

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
so let's get this straight... you ordered product, paid with paypal. seller ships product. there are issues in transit, and its the sellers fault? :confused:
I order product on 21st. I pm him asking where it is on the 1st. He replies on the 2nd, saying that he hasn't shipped it yet due to thanksgiving and a sick relative, but that he will the next day. On the 4th this thread is posted, I say I haven't received my seatpost yet, he replies saying that if it doesn't show up on monday (6th) he'll send another one. To me that sounds like he hadn't sent one yet, and he just wants to buy more time (seriously, what company would just "send another one" 3-4 days after having shipped the first?). Haven't heard anything since.

To recap, no evidence to suggest anything has been shipped. Plenty of reason to think otherwise.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
As I said above - simply providing a tracking number clears all this up. Hell, add $2 to the price of the goods to cover the cost.

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
He replies on the 2nd, saying that he hasn't shipped it yet due to thanksgiving and a sick relative, but that he will the next day. On the 4th this thread is posted, I say I haven't received my seatpost yet
Yeah, I'm with you. I would totally have expected to receive a cheap seatpost with free shipping on Saturday after receiving a message that as of Thursday it hadn't shipped. I mean, who are these people, offering free shipping and not shipping overnight Saturday delivery in liquid nitrogen?

limitedslip

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
Yeah, I probably should have specified in the first post that I had been in contact with him and that he said he had shipped it the previous day. It was still relevant to the thread though, that it had been two weeks and no seatpost.

Did he provide tracking numbers to any previous customers?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Ok I called to see what is going on. Apparently there's a family issue he's dealing with and that all orders will be received by this week by you guys.... there is an inch of ice on the ground and he's using a rental car while the rear main seal of his truck is fixed....

DO not shoot the messenger... just figured id call and get a headsup for you guys.... this is what I was told this is what im posting... so hopefully all gets resolved.