Quantcast

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
I still do not have a tracking number or item that I paid for nearly 6 weeks ago.

I ordered on the 5th november. I asked for a tracking number in my initial conversation with you as well.

For comparisons sake a workmate ordered an item from Florida on the 26th of november and it arrived 15th december.
same here,

i sent a payment on october 27th.
paypal say it was shipped november 4th, no tracking number, nothing...did not get anything yet!

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
You offered us FREE carbon helmets for a raffle and we still have not seen them. :think:
And still chooses to ignore the topic...like it's not even happening.

Doug speaks the truth! I was the dumb a$$ that lost my helmet on the way to FallFest:think: Having those helmets for the raffle would have been great. I know I wasnt the only one looking forward to those:mad::mad:
I was in that boat with you. I divied up for the raffle more than I had planned b/c my D2 is from 2005 and wanted one of those helmets.

RideDad

Chimp
Aug 28, 2009
Wow, I hate to see what I started here. I started this thread because I had a long delay in receiving something I ordered (Nov 5th) and when I saw the website was down (on the day I posted) and the phone number I had used to contact DC had been changed/disconnected, I was a bit concerned. I have since spoken with DC via a different phone number a few times and he tells me my refund will be paid via paypal today. I hope that is the case. The amount of time I've spent checking this thread, pm's and my paypal account is not worth the hassle for me. I think he'll do what is right in the end, but there seems to be some stress in his business model for those of you who are considering ordering in the future. Over and out.

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
yea this guy was gonna send some swag for our races,,talked to him one day one the phone,, called him back the next day,didnt remember who i was,,told me he would call me right back,, never did,,, even offerd to drive to pick up the swag cuz races were coming up faster than they could be shiped.. still dicked us around,,, i feel sorry for people that actully paid for stuff from him! im glad we didnt advertise him on our site.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
I ordered socks from discount cycling and they came quickly. It's unfortunate to hear about the mishaps some other users have had, but like some have said, I don't think he is out to scam anyone. Hopefully things turn around in the future and everything gets ironed out, as the deals he was offering were great.

I ordered socks from discount cycling and they came quickly. It's unfortunate to hear about the mishaps some other users have had, but like some have said, I don't think he is out to scam anyone. Hopefully things turn around in the future and everything gets ironed out, as the deals he was offering were great.

I hear ya and hope thatb DC can step up and be a reliable vendor.
FYI, dont offer product unless you can deliver with no BS whatsever.

Last edited:

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
:stupid:

I ordered my pound of socks and got 'em without any hassle.

Apr 24, 2010
On my laptop
And still chooses to ignore the topic...like it's not even happening.

I was in that boat with you. I divied up for the raffle more than I had planned b/c my D2 is from 2005 and wanted one of those helmets.
not ignoring any topic the free helmets will be given away at next years event along with nice swag

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Didn't order anything from this guy, but from reading the thread, it doesn't seem like s scam. Rather, as others have mentioned, it seems like a one man operation that got overwhelmed by higher than expected demand.

I think it's hilarious that some of you got the kind of low prices that were only possible because this is a low-overhead understaffed operation, but then turned around and demanded the kind of service that one gets from a large, established retailer.
There is ALWAYS a trade-off with any retailer. Chainlove is cheap, but you have to watch it all the time to get stuff that you want, and shipping is a tad expensive. Your LBS will likely have great service and no shipping cost but be more expensive. You can't order from what's clearly a fly-by-wire operation and then expect to get next-level service.

And for those who said "this is unreasonable retail practice", the fact of the matter is, this wasn't REALLY retail. You didn't order from a website, you placed an order through email or PM on an online community.

Any seller has its drawbacks, whether it's price related or service related.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
not ignoring any topic the free helmets will be given away at next years event along with nice swag
Horseshlt. If you had the helmets, you'd have already given them to profro when he asked you to still deliver on your promise. My guess is you sold them in that monthly deal of yours and don't have them.:think:

I hope RM isn't too young to get this reference:

Apr 24, 2010
On my laptop
Horseshlt. If you had the helmets, you'd have already given them to profro when he asked you to still deliver on your promise. My guess is you sold them in that monthly deal of yours and don't have them.:think:

I hope RM isn't too young to get this reference:
we still carry the helmets. There is no way to make up for yesterday, so it will have to be next years event

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
I think it's hilarious that some of you got the kind of low prices that were only possible because this is a low-overhead understaffed operation, but then turned around and demanded the kind of service that one gets from a large, established retailer.
Bingo. Hard to blame someone when you're getting stuff new in box at 60-70% off.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
I got 2 pounds of socks on 2 separate occasions without any issues. My sister got a pound of socks without any probs as well. Next time just order socks.

intensified

Monkey
Mar 31, 2004
Canton,Ma
the dUde got me wheels cheap and I was psyched, a bit unsure, seemed to good to be true (no pun). I wish I bought a few sets at the price, sorry to hear some mishaps, the guy seems honest and hardworking. I can relate a one man band can make a mistake or to.

limitedslip

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
Didn't order anything from this guy, but from reading the thread, it doesn't seem like s scam. Rather, as others have mentioned, it seems like a one man operation that got overwhelmed by higher than expected demand.

There is ALWAYS a trade-off with any retailer. is cheap, but you have to watch it all the time to get stuff that you want, and shipping is a tad expensive. Your LBS will likely have great service and no shipping cost but be more expensive. You can't order from what's clearly a fly-by-wire operation and then expect to get next-level service.

And for those who said "this is unreasonable retail practice", the fact of the matter is, this wasn't REALLY retail. You didn't order from a website, you placed an order through email or PM on an online community.

That should be his slogan: "Lie to your face, and pass the savings on to most of you!"

limitedslip

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
You were selling the 6061s for 35 right? The thread seems to be deleted. Just send me 15 on paypal and I'll keep this one.

Because no matter what happens you bitch!

You want everything from one man!

Just as the engineers go by cheap, strong, light, you can apply the same to retail.

Cheap, fast, service; pick two.

The guy sells stuff fvcking cheap, gets inundated with unexpected orders and has to play catch up for a while. Don't like the low prices? Want your stuff NOW? Go to you local bike shop and pay upwards of 40% more.

Pull your head in and stop having a bitch. The guy is trying his hardest, and has it tough enough without dealing with your petty bull****.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
ease up there killer. slip's order was delayed...then again...then DisCyl disappeared...then he reappeared, said everything was good...except for slip's package...then it goes out...then it's the wrong package.

That's very good reason to complain/e-jihad/bitch. Very very good reason. I would freak out if jenson or pricepoint did that. I did when CRC did that to me.

I hope it gets resolved appropriately, as that's what a good e-tailer should do, and hopefully he'll learn from mistakes made in the past month and will continue to offer good stuff for cheap.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003

You want everything from one man!

Just as the engineers go by cheap, strong, light, you can apply the same to retail.

Cheap, fast, service; pick two.

The guy sells stuff fvcking cheap, gets inundated with unexpected orders and has to play catch up for a while. Don't like the low prices? Want your stuff NOW? Go to you local bike shop and pay upwards of 40% more.

Pull your head in and stop having a bitch. The guy is trying his hardest, and has it tough enough without dealing with your petty bull****.
Umm, no. It's called a business plan, get one. Cheap, fast, and service = every other online retailer out there.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Yeah Im gonna go out on a limb here and say: Ive had issues with universal (oregon), ridethis (seattle), and another one of which things got resolved but made me wonder if the guy in the warehouse actually rode or was using a handbook to see what parts were called... LOL (1 still owes me money)
All of which have gotten my business a little bit here and there still with the exception of the $ower.

I have gotten the wheelset, helmet and misc. parts from discounted and had no issues, that doesnt make it right but shows me that even the big guys screw up. All those guys I mentioned DONT do RM deals so there fore theres not a focus on there screw ups like DC whos directly hooking us up. Id bet theres several on here that beyond, bling, universal etc have messed up stuff and no real direct thread related to them.

Its not right, its going to happen and so far hes polite chiming in and making good on his shortcomings.
Sorry after having worse issues than this over alot more $ than this with the bigger guys over the years it seems that possibly this is getting a bit harsh. Small or big doesnt make it right and we should be able to vent and have a thread that explains situations but 10 pages over a couple issues..

Hmmmm must be winter we seem to have alot of time on our hands till next season... :D

Im still waiting for the next deal if its gonna go on, $hit I can buy cheap and sell on ebay....

Last edited: