Quantcast

Discussing your team outside the playoffs is stupid

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I noticed a bunch of preseason football threads. This is freaking ridiculous.

This isn't the football forum and no one cares about your team, especially with meaningless games the NFL puts on to pad their coffers.

I don't mention the teams that I like until it is relevant, i.e. the playoffs. Then there are only a few teams left which all the sports fans will have an opinion.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
1. I don't like the Packers.
2. Favre's situation is relevant because of the amount of chaos is has created.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I will give one more stab at it:

Turn on ESPN. I bet within 5 minutes they will mention Brett Favre's name. There will be at least a 3 minute segment discussing it, and there is probably 500 media people waiting for him at the Packers Camp.

Now if you want to hear about your favorite team's training camp report, that won't happen.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What else are sports fans going to talk about?

Mid-Season baseball:rofl:

Just wait a week and when the Olympics start you can watch 5 minutes of events with 3 hours of soft bio-journalism about athletes who compete in sports no one cares about.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
What else are sports fans going to talk about?

Mid-Season baseball:rofl:

Just wait a week and when the Olympics start you can watch 5 minutes of events with 3 hours of soft bio-journalism about athletes who compete in sports no one cares about.
Amusingly enough, the only two games I watched yesterday was the Yankees/Angels (great game), and USA Basketball vs Russia, an interesting game which the US only won by 21.

But you don't see me posting about it either.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
1) Favre is going to the Superbowl.
2) Nostradumbass: "your" (aka. it is YOUR sandy vag, not mine) does not equal "you're" (you are)

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
I would rather not hear anything about sports. I would rather read about midgets with guns and headless canadians :biggrin:

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
You have to start with a properly placed snap pop.
About 6 inches in front of the front paws.
May result in cat peeing on any clothes that you leave in the floor for the rest for its life.
This is now tops on my list the next time I cat-sit. Thank you for the inspiration.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I noticed a bunch of preseason football threads. This is freaking ridiculous.

This isn't the football forum and no one cares about your team, especially with meaningless games the NFL puts on to pad their coffers.

I don't mention the teams that I like until it is relevant, i.e. the playoffs. Then there are only a few teams left which all the sports fans will have an opinion.
So don't open the threads and you won't be bothered. Who cares what you would prefer?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ahh, the glorious, glorious days of the thriving Ridefoto community.

I do appreciate your devotion to spreading the Ridefoto gospel, though. Your selfless acts do not go unnoticed.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Maintenance Mode
This board is in Maintenance Mode.

Down
:rofl: