Quantcast

discussion of the "post your Picture thread:

splat

Nam I am
Since your not suppose to chatter in the post your picture thread , and there used to be a Discussion thread for , But it did not show up in search . I figured I'd start a New one.

and the one of amydalayna really looks like its gonna hurt!!!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
splat said:
Since your not suppose to chatter in teh post your picture thread , andthere used to be a Discussion thread for , But it did not sow up in search . I figured I'd start a New one.

That is a great shot! Not that it looks painfull, but the boulders look cool :cool: Where is that?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
You can't see from the angle of the picture but there are a bunch of pillows on the other side of the rock to break the fall.....

J

JRB

dirtjumpP.1 said:
heres a pic of me in france, on the night of the polka festival

and one of an x-up foot plant on the tree
Quit posting pics in the discussion thread, knucklehead. :D

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
splat said:
Since your not suppose to chatter in the post your picture thread , and there used to be a Discussion thread for , But it did not show up in search . I figured I'd start a New one.

yeah thats definatly boondocks at N* heres me in the same spot. just not eating crap

from another angle

btw props to shyrmp for excellent pics as allways

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Joe Pozer said:
Is that boondocks at N*? Nothing like a good over the bars crash to make you feel alive.
yes. that is boondocks. i think it's my favorite picture someone took of me this summer. but oddly enough i was able to run this one out. no boo boos.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
amydalayna said:
yes. that is boondocks. i think it's my favorite picture someone took of me this summer. but oddly enough i was able to run this one out. no boo boos.

It's a weird feeling going over the handlebars and landing on your feet. I always think to myself, "WTF just happened?" Unfortunately I wasn't able to run out my headers this year. A broken collarbone and some bruised ribs cut my season short.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
lovebunny said:
yeah thats definatly boondocks at N* heres me in the same spot. just not eating crap

from another angle

btw props to shyrmp for excellent pics as allways
Dang, I need to get down there. I love the rocks.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Joe Pozer said:
It's a weird feeling going over the handlebars and landing on your feet. I always think to myself, "WTF just happened?" Unfortunately I wasn't able to run out my headers this year. A broken collarbone and some bruised ribs cut my season short.
sorry to hear that. what a bummer. i spent all of my summer at the beach last year with a badly broken arm. after that i decided to be a little more cautious with everything. would rather not go all out and ride all summer then go all out and sit on the couch watching dawson's creek with the cat while everyone else is out playing.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
here's a picture from this past weekend. i like it because you can see the yellow of the aspens...

it's at xmas downhill in south lake tahoe. if anyone is in the area, they should ride it before it snows. the trail is in WONDERFUL condition right now. no dust. just dreamy.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
amydalayna said:
sorry to hear that. what a bummer. i spent all of my summer at the beach last year with a badly broken arm. after that i decided to be a little more cautious with everything. would rather not go all out and ride all summer then go all out and sit on the couch watching dawson's creek with the cat while everyone else is out playing.

Ouch...what happened? glad to see you are back on the bike. Having to watch Dawson's Creek is something I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

I'll be taking it much easier next year also, I sold the DH bike. Will just stick to trails.

X-mas trail you say...I need to have a talk with Kidwoo about a trail ride up there.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Joe Pozer said:
Ouch...what happened? glad to see you are back on the bike. Having to watch Dawson's Creek is something I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

I'll be taking it much easier next year also, I sold the DH bike. Will just stick to trails.

X-mas trail you say...I need to have a talk with Kidwoo about a trail ride up there.
i shattered my arm off a jump snowboarding. took 9 months to heal. need to drink more milk i guess.

you and kidwoo should totally come out and ride. i rode xmas both saturday and sunday. made me smile. i would like to do toad's one more time before it snows too.

a couple of snowflakes on my car this morning did not make me smile.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
splat said:

Houston we have a problem...and it's gonna hurt! I've had similar crashes though my boulders were a little smaller ;)

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
TreeSaw said:
Houston we have a problem...and it's gonna hurt! I've had similar crashes though my boulders were a little smaller ;)
got any pics of crashes? i hate seeing people crash, but i love the pictures afterwards.

this is my friend crashing on that last drop at the bottom of boondocks.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Joe Pozer said:

Screw Kidwoo, I wanna go do that!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
amydalayna said:
got any pics of crashes? i hate seeing people crash, but i love the pictures afterwards.

Ouch! I don't know how many action shots there are of my in the act of crashing, but there are a few of the aftermath! I'll have to dig up some (if I can find them).

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
amydalayna said:

Ouch! I would have liked to have seen the look on her face while she was in this position

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
amydalayna said:
he didn't have goggles on and the bottom of his glasses dug into his cheek when he crashed. a crash like that makes you rethink wearing sunglasses over goggles.
For sure! It's amazing to ever think sunglasses could do that much damage.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
amydalayna said:

OUCH! That sucks...I never had the guts to hit that last drop on boondocks for that exact reason, I could just see myself nose diving and eating ****. In fact, that happened to me a couple of times this year off the middle drop. Luckily its soft dirt around the landing so no blood was drawn.