Quantcast

Disgusting foods

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Cuitlacoche is a black fungus that infects corn fields, making the kernels bulbous and swollen as they fill with spores. It also goes by the name Huitlacoche. If you're having trouble with the pronounciation, it's: Cuitlacoche (kweet-lah-KOH-chay) or Huitlacoche (dat-s****in-NAS-tee).
:rofl:

btw, natto looks absolutely nasty. i recall an iron chef episode w/ that as the secret ingredient.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
From Volume 5:

I must admit that my aversion to drinking breast milk is something of a double-standard. Let me try to put this as delicately as I can out of respect to my female readers... but some women have been known to willingly "ingest" a certain dubious "body fluid" made by men, during moments of "intimacy." (These moments are known as "blow jobs." These women are known as "awesome.")

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ

I would list a few that i have seen andrew Zimmern eat, but I dont recall the names. But as you said eaterofdog... anything described as putrefied would be on the list. I know one thing was in Thailand I believe, some few week old pork served with ice.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Chef Anthony Bourdain, who has travelled extensively throughout the world sampling local cuisine for his Travel Channel show No Reservations, has described shark þorramatur as "the single worst, most disgusting and terrible tasting thing" he has ever eaten.
Bourdain is pretty fvking hardcore too. No way will I ever eat Hákarl.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
"Rivella was distributed for a year in the United States, but was retracted in 2005 from the US market due to low sales volume."

Why would they even try?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
This should probably go in Stinkyboy's Food thread, but how about a restaurant specializing in penis?

http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/travel/article3552377.ece

"She seems pleased, and pours me some deer-penis juice, which I’m delighted to say is the vilest concoction I’ve ever had the privilege to imbibe."

As for more normal stuff, I just can't get down with blue cheese or olives.
I saw a woman with her hand on spotted dick this morning.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Fried Huhu Grubs - nutty and buttery tasting. I like them. Mealworms have no flavor - don't care for them. Fried grasshoppers are ok. Live ants are good - taste like lemon drops but are more a novelty/survival type food - nothing to them since they are so small.

Huhu Grubs

As far as disgusting food - most of the crap you find in vending machines or fast food places...the truly nasty stuff.

Lowlight7

Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Virginia, USA
Balut is great. I like mine middle-aged, so the bones are nice and crunchy. A little salt, maybe some green Tabasco and chase it with a San Miguel... Delicious.

Escamoles are a fine meal as well.

I want to try Sannakji.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan

btw, natto looks absolutely nasty. i recall an iron chef episode w/ that as the secret ingredient.
That stuff smells bad, my kids practically live on it though.
Speaking of rank, was at a family gathering yesterday. They had some freshly caught squid, they removed the liver and a bit of the squid ink, mixed it up with some soy sauce to make a dipping sauce and then ate the rest of the squid raw. I was gagging although I did try some octopus sashimi earlier which was OK, bit rubbery, no real taste other than the dipping sauce.