Quantcast

Distilled Water Shortage 2022?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Have any of you tried to buy distilled water lately?
$10 a gallon on Amazon and wal-mart online, none available in stores. I am just going to make my own, but WTF?
It doesn’t require anything special to manufacture.

seems really odd.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Couple of things, the medical devices that I rep use them to control calcification, and my wife uses a cpap.
CPAP = lots of new people with lung issues have => need distilled water for cleaning

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
have a gallon yet i don't use it much, mostly for cleaning glass. isopropyl alcohol 1:10 distilled water makes the best glass cleaner.. ratios can vary for crud level be careful with use on plastic and rubber. rubbing alcohol was difficult to get for a while. looks like my second ingredient is on the hard to find list now. Distilled water is also nice to use straight on microfiber for cleaning computer screens.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Probably being stored underground at the national TP reserve.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
We use it for our espresso machine. Well water doesn't play well with our machine.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
See, here in Pennsyltucky the water is hard enough it's sometimes rocks coming out of the faucet
Here it's hit or miss. You can have shitty eggy stinky water or wonderful nice clear tasteless water. Fortunately we have the latter. I still need to do the complete water test on our new well to see mineral content. If we're lucky, the hardness will be low enough to ditch the distilled water.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here it's hit or miss. You can have shitty eggy stinky water or wonderful nice clear tasteless water. Fortunately we have the latter. I still need to do the complete water test on our new well to see mineral content. If we're lucky, the hardness will be low enough to ditch the distilled water.
When we tested our water, the hardness was like 17 gpg

water-hardness-scale.png

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
We bought one of these bad ////////Larry's when we were living in a cabin with Sulphur water in the early 2000s but I know I sure as funk didn't pay that much for it...

It's been mothballed for a decade+ after buying our house in BZN, but I broke it out last year when my mom got on the CPAP train...

The thing is built like a (non-Russian) tank and will likely survive nuclear annihilation ;)

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
For the last 15 years I have put a reverse osmosis, 4 stage filtration system under the kitchen sink of every house/RV I have owned, super worth it.
We have something like that at work, I drink the tap water because it has liquid chemtrails to keep my teeth healthy.