Quantcast

DIY GoPro chest mount

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
Hey guys, I was lucky enough to get a gopro recently for my bday. Since it's still cold and I get bored easily. I decided to make my own chest mount. It cost me $21dollars total and could be done cheaper if you have clips and straps hanging around the house. Took me a total of an hour or so, and could look cleaner if you had a dremel. I may also add a piece of foam behind the chestplate for a better fit or more stability. I have not had a chance to ride on trails yet tho.

First step: Take your stock display case base and make some marks, I put mine 1/2" in from the side and in the middle 2" down.

Second step: Drill out holes

Third Step: Put in vise and cut out holes to connect them.

Fourth: File/sand down holes

Fifth: Grind down edge of plate and sand

Sixth: Go to joann fabrics or similar store and purchase 120" of 1" luggage strap with 3 parachute clips. Take a section of strap and weave it through the gopro mounting plate as well as the female end parachute clip. Pin the looped section of strap. You will have excess strap most likely.

Seventh: Take female end of parachute clip and short piece of strap and loop thru the gopro plate. This will be for your shoulder straps. Next pin the fabric where you want to later sew.

Eigth: Lay out waist strap on table.Take 2 separate pieces of strap and lay them about 5" apart on part of strap that would be around your back. Pin in place Take the male end of parachute clip and loop the strap through.

Ninth: It should look somthing like this when done, Now you wanna try it on and test it out real quick before you sew everything up.

Tenth: Give to someone with sewing machine, sew it up and try it on!

I did a few quick test runs around the neighborhood and i have to play around with the angles a lot and maybe get a different mount for it. But i think it will work pretty well!

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
It looks just like what I did :)
Put some 4-5mm foam on the back of the plate for more comfort :)