Quantcast

DJ 1/2/3 owners...need a favor

bio-smear

Chimp
Jul 29, 2007
Peurtlahnd, OR
My DJ4 springs are pitifully undersprung for my 200 lb mass of meat. It's a low end fork, so no air caps. Even if I had them it doesn't have oil damping so the stanchions won't hold air.

According to Marzocchi there is no upgrade spring kit for the DJ4, as it's only spec'd as OEM, but I think it's bull****. They always want to upsell you on an aftermarket fork.

Can someone do me a favor by measuring the length and outside diameter of their coil springs, with no end caps on?

Using my slide calipers, I measured my spring at 238mm long(relaxed), 28.2mm outside diameter, and 3.6mm wire OD.

If the DJ1/2/3 springs are roughly the same, I can just get the heavy kit available for that fork and drop them in.

It never ceases to amaze me the lack of crossover compatibility knowledge there is on Marzocchi springs. Shop guys act like every spring is somehow magically unique.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
I have taken those apart. A 32mm stanchion spring will work. Take the fork completely apart and measure the space in each leg where the spring would sit. I am pretty sure they are different lengths.

bio-smear

Chimp
Jul 29, 2007
Peurtlahnd, OR
I have taken those apart. A 32mm stanchion spring will work. Take the fork completely apart and measure the space in each leg where the spring would sit. I am pretty sure they are different lengths.
Yeah, they're 32mm stanchions so I figure the OD is fine, but the length is what i'm wondering about. Both springs are the same length on the DJ4. Not really necessary to disassemble the fork if you can remove and measure the springs.