Quantcast

DJ 29er

ZenkiGarage

Monkey
Jan 9, 2007
Portland, Or
Ok, not quite but its damn fun! Picked up a redline monocog 29er today for dirt, added a short hussefelt stem and 50mm rise sunline bars and thrashed... no grips, I left them at the shop on accident lol.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
apparantly those SE Racing custom PK Rippers for Rob Dyrdek and Big Black and crew were all 29er's. look'em up, there was a brief thread on here about it just a bit ago.

Interesting idea though. Not for me, since I'm not a big dude and do fine on the "smaller" wheels, but still interesting anyway.

ZenkiGarage

Monkey
Jan 9, 2007
Portland, Or
yeah, i jumped it! Im going riding this weekend so hopefully someone that comes with me will bring a camera. Its different jumping it. It doesnt want to come out of line as easy but it straightens up really easy, almost on its own lol. I was doing whips and it feels like it pulls itself back straight. I think its due to the gyro effect of such big wheels. oh and Im a pretty small dude, Im only 5'8 140lbs after a big dinner and surprisingly doesnt feel too big.

ZenkiGarage

Monkey
Jan 9, 2007
Portland, Or
the only flex Ive noticed is in the front forks and thats only when im doing nose manuals or pogos. I'll try to get some video or pics up soon. the only digi cam i have is on my phone and wont capture movement for sh*t.

ZenkiGarage

Monkey
Jan 9, 2007
Portland, Or
Oh, and i also want to mention that I didnt really buy/setup this bike for dj. It just ended up sorta looking like that and sorta works(better than i thought). I actually did it for aggresive trail riding, and since i hate gears, 29 is the way to go.