Quantcast

Dj am.......

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
4th. You learn a very important life lesson and you flush it down the toilet along with the used needles because your life is so hard and complicated.

My custom title works for my attitude towards this thread.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Yea, I love how people cry for a drug addict. If you see some crackhead OD'ing in the street you would just step over him, but since he spins dope rhymes yo, he deserves a memorial.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
no loss for me. i've never been a fan of those who go by the name DJ (fill in whatever stupid name you feel like using because you think it's cool and hip)

but what a pinhead for throwing his second chance away like that.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the sound gastric distress is more interesting than his music.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
As someone of the "why do we really care?" school, I could care less. That being said, he was a phenomenal DJ... But not amazing enough for me to really give a siht though.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i thought he was a decent DJ, but i have no respect for people who OD, especially after being reborn after surviving a f-ing plane crash!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Yeah...and if he OD-ed, I care even less...

No debate there are talented djs out there, those who mix and make a party out of nothing (Plus some alcohol and ex, throw in a roophy or three...) but I am tired of the celebrity for celebritys sake cult.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
how much less could you care? you imply there's room to go before your empathy level hits zero.

you were looking for 'i couldn't care less'...
There is a still room for empathy. I feel bad for the family, and he was a good dj.
It's people like the German dude that tortured and raped his daughter for 20 years... those are the people I couldn't care less about.
But there is very little gap in empathy levels.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
4th. You learn a very important life lesson and you flush it down the toilet along with the used needles because your life is so hard and complicated.

My custom title works for my attitude towards this thread.
So you smoke crack with needles in Vermont? Interesting. ;)

kazlx said:
I'm on the who cares side of things. Nobody will miss him.
I'm pretty sure his family would disagree with you...wonder what people will say when you die :think:
Yup. I'm with BMXman.

A DJ? That takes talent? Spinning other peoples music for people to dance to? No...besides, never heard of him...
You try it, then report back when you have a hit record. Actually, report back when you've put together a coherent, in tempo track.

edit: for anyone curious to hear what his stuff sounded like, his 2 collaborations with Travis Barker can be found here:

http://www.trvsdjam.com/downloadpage/download_box.html

edit: I heard some more info on this on the radio during my commute this morning. Apparently he had been clean for years (his own words from a recent sound clip discussing his rehab show w/ MTV), but apparently some sh*t went down in his life over the last few weeks so that may have triggered him to get back on the pipe. Also, they said that close friends said he was suffering pretty severe PTSD from the plane crash.

For those of you who have never lost a close friend from drug or alcohol (or any kind of) addiction, you are flat out full of sh*t to say that no one will miss him or that they were a waste of life. Yes, the way the cause of death was stupid and preventable, but for those close to the victim its still a gut-wrenching loss.

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
is this a "thoughts & prayers thread" or a "hey look this dumb ass who OD'd after a surviving a plane crash thread"?
either way.
:stosh:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
is this a "thoughts & prayers thread" or a "hey look this dumb ass who OD'd after a surviving a plane crash thread"?
either way.
:stosh:
the latter.

dude had all this money and he was smoking crack?
i think Whitney Houston said it best: "crack is for poor people"

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I have no idea why this is making national news at all. Ok...he was some sort of local "celebrity"? People die every day. It was on our local entertainment new this morning on the the radio.

Who gives a toss? It's not like he was Michael Jackson or anything....

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
Im always pissed when I have to alter what I'm doing because of some tard, but at least Weezer played an extra long set last night because of it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A DJ? That takes talent? Spinning other peoples music for people to dance to? No...besides, never heard of him...
If you wanna hear what real DJ's can do, go check out "Entroducing..." by DJ Shadow. The entire album was made of nothing but samples.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?