Quantcast

Dj feedback please!!

islandertek

Chimp
Nov 4, 2010
:help: So.....I have never built DJ's before besides a simple single kicker here and there. So here is what I have so far!! I have 29 hours invested and my brother 17 hours so far. No water source so we are walking buckets and coolers of water in. No elevation drop, so it's pretty much flat. But the good side is the mounds of dirt are already there, so I have to just sculpt, move dirt, dig, tamp, etc.. Any ideas or suggestions from what you see?? I don't go huge or even big at that, so I am keeping it small and managable for my 5 year old to air it!! (son far we just have a few 3 - 5 foot table tops with a small rythm line that needs serious adjustments)
Link to Pictures:
http://rockymountainhooliganz.shutte.../pictures/4983

I would love any and all feedback, even the "This is a piece of **** track"!! :D Ha Haaa!! Thanks for helping a brotha out!!

Cheers!!

-Nick :cheers:

islandertek

Chimp
Nov 4, 2010
Ha Haaa!! Thanks for your response! Yeah the goal is a box shape...I still have a lot of watering, tamping, and sculpting to do. I have been just trying get the jump laid out so it can start to settle and weather through winter. I am also getting shoulder surgery next week so it's been just rushing to get things in place!!I have a ton left to do! Any thoughts on layout/planning??? Cheers!! - Nick

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
where is this located? I'd say dig a big hole and put a garbage can in there to collect any rain water. Place looks dry.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
Needs more rollers and fun stuff. If you have rollers you can eventually gap and manual, you can constantly progress rather than have to rebuild bigger jumps. Kinda like a bmx track or a pump track. The better you get, the faster you can go and bigger you can jump.

islandertek

Chimp
Nov 4, 2010
This is in Colorado. It is very dry here!! I'm trying but we don't even get much rain or snow on the front range. I probably will use your idea about collecting the water with a large trash can or something.

Good idea about more rollers and speed features!! I will probably use the top of the middle "mound" line for rollers and then "bank" it back for the big jump line??

Thanks for the feed back!!

Cheers!!

-Nick