Quantcast

dj fork

speedster

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Pike, Sherman Jumper, Fox 36...but in my opinion too expensive and too much travel for dj, but still an option. If you go with a normal axle I would recommend a Fox Float at 80mm.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Go with the Sherman. I like the FR sherman, so the DJ sherman must be nice. It just looks super solid. You could always go with the DJ1 too. I believe that has 20 mm thru..

ZEDMAN

Monkey
Nov 19, 2003
S.F. California
yeah ill get you a picture if you want. they are super stiff and the fork has very little flex. i had a dj1 before it and i would say that it is equally or more stiff then that.

s dub

Chimp
Nov 9, 2004
kenmore
sherman jumper if you have the funding... its like $600+ retail.

i went for the stance static 4 inch, 20mm, its on its way to my lbs.. or should be

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
firetoole said:
I am looking for a new fork I have a DJ 3 and want something else with a 20mm any thoughts?
I know a kid with a DJ2 (or at least he claims it is a DJ2. It looks like a DJ3 with new stickers). I also have a Stance Kingpin for sale, absolutely brand new with no problems, just rebuilt with new seals.

Seriously, I do not know why the Z1 FR has fallen so out of favor. I think it is one of the best trail/FR forks ever made. It uses the same damping cartridges as the 888, and the ETA system is still the best travel adjustment system out there. And it is a MARZOCCHI!!!

One problem with a lot of forks is they are too speciality: the 66 is a single crown DH fork, or the DJ is a, uh, dirt jumper. The Z1 FR is very versatile, decent for trail, strong enough for drops.

I have one from 2001. I should sell it because I don't like canti posts sticking out of it. But it is my only complaint about the fork. It still feels great and very reliable (although I did have to replace the ETA cartridge, which did not prevent me from riding around on it).

On that note, I think I will post it on the for sale site....

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
sanjuro said:
I know a kid with a DJ2 (or at least he claims it is a DJ2. It looks like a DJ3 with new stickers). I also have a Stance Kingpin for sale, absolutely brand new with no problems, just rebuilt with new seals.
Its not a DJ3 its a QR DJ1 ask heath. and how many seals have blown on that fork? and how many rides are on it?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
TheMontashu said:
Its not a DJ3 its a QR DJ1 ask heath. and how many seals have blown on that fork? and how many rides are on it?
Uh, it is brand new, never been ridden. I just replaced the seals because, uh, they were dirty, yeah that's it. It is not because the Mammy-poo seals blew when we added some air according to factory specs...

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
sanjuro said:
Uh, it is brand new, never been ridden. I just replaced the seals because, uh, they were dirty, yeah that's it. It is not because the Mammy-poo seals blew when we added some air according to factory specs...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
hey for what its worth, i ride a Fox vanilla 125r. i know its not 20mm, but i picked it up for 220$ brand new. I've been djing it and street riding it for about a year now, and it looks like it finally needs some work.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
2young2ride said:
maybe the fox talas but its pretty expensive.
The Talas is probably not a good jumping fork. It is a great all-around fork, but landing on air springs is not a great idea. Also features like travel adjustment and lockout will probably break if misused, like repeated jumps.

2young2ride

Chimp
Nov 23, 2003
Colorado
True but I race with the talas and dirtjump with it and its pretty nice to do both with. I have not had any problems with it and the lockout shouldnt be use when your dirtjumping, i think. Well you could have 3 inches of travel or 5 and i think if your doing big stuff you put it up to 5 and if you are in faster and smaller rhythms you can put it down to 3.

m88tow

Chimp
Nov 13, 2004
I am going with the sherman jumper on my imperial. I will post a full review on it after I use it for awhile.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
If your going to get a fork, def. get one with air assist at least so that you dont have to change the springs right away if your a heavy set guy. But the new stance line is sweet. Alot of them were recalled, but most of them selling now have the tire clearance issue cleared up.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
rpk1988 said:
If your going to get a fork, def. get one with air assist at least so that you dont have to change the springs right away if your a heavy set guy. But the new stance line is sweet. Alot of them were recalled, but most of them selling now have the tire clearance issue cleared up.
air assist sucks you want to have compession knobs its works better

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
My friend just got a new C'dale Chase, and it has a Manitou Stance Blunt on it and there is no adjustment except rebound. There is some kind of bolt on the opposite side of that fork leg. Should he get new springs installed or is there another way to make it not bottom out and stiffer?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
rpk1988 said:
My friend just got a new C'dale Chase, and it has a Manitou Stance Blunt on it and there is no adjustment except rebound. There is some kind of bolt on the opposite side of that fork leg. Should he get new springs installed or is there another way to make it not bottom out and stiffer?
your saposed to bottom your fork more than once a ride

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
rpk1988 said:
You might not have alot of options we gotten used to with Marzocchi. We called about a Kingpin, and I was told the factory springs were already the heaviest they made.

I have also talked about upgrading the damping on that specific fork from fluid flow to tpc, and Manitou said it was not available yet.