Quantcast

DJ fork

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
ok so i am in the market for a single crown fork to be used on dj's and trail riding and well i can get a psylo for a good price but i am a marzocchi man...i consider myself a smooth rider and am only 150lbs but what are peoples experience with the psylo its a 2k1 20mm drop out

i don't want any "get a manitou" or "get a dj yada yada"
just interested in psylo experiences frome people riding them preferable on some dj's and trails!

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I've heard the crowns have a tendency to break. I've never actually seen this happen. I rode a friends bike that had one, and it felt like it was much too soft for a dj bike. If you weigh 150, you could probably get a stiffer spring, and you'd be ok.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
They suck balls.

I've watched three of them deteriorate on three different friend's bikes from being put to mountain cross/dj use. Seals, crowns, cracked lowers, you name it, they will suck in that area if you plan on jumping it. I owned one for a very short time but got rid of it because of the flex.

I'd say get a pike. (haaha not a manitou or a dj BURNNNNN)

You can set it up stiff for jumping and plush for trail riding without taking it apart.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
My friend had a 03 Psylo. He was lighter than you and sorta smooth, and after a year or so of riding they're stuck in low travel, high rebound. Maybe this is because he didn't maintain them much, but if I were you I would go with a DJ because they are indestructable and require very little maintainance. They do suck for bumpy trails though.

tyrown shuz

Chimp
Nov 14, 2005
get the pike. couple a bar hump landings and that psylo will be creaking in no time.
that pike can be ran nice and stiff. good sound too.

webeskankin3

Chimp
Apr 21, 2005
ya mine blew up on me, the rebound adjuster on the bottom blew off and oil just starting coming out. I just ordered a pike not to long ago, ill let you know how it rides.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
sherman stuff, any one

mine have survived soooooooooo much abuse, im not a super smooth djer and certinaly not a smoth djer, so that they hold up is good

does that make sense? heh

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
hey pete, you ever get around to machining that crown for your old marz?

and as for my 2 cents on the fork issue, i'd rather not see you ride a psylo. you ride too hard for one of those puny forks. did you try calling marz about a crown for your older fork with the broken crown?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
man if you can check out the classifieds for a used sherman jumper, they IMO are the most solid DJ forks, I run a Pike but it scares me a bit...

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
i got an old bolt on crown from tim/todd at paradise actually
it looks sweet!! i am still thinking of making the cnc'd crown but we'll see if i have time. i havne't installed it on a bike cause i am tryin to sell it and get something newer/better damping

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I have a 02/03(?)Psylo SL and it's just not as good as my Marz, or my friend's Fox.

I've not had any specific problems with it, it's just not as nice a fork. It's flexy, and just feels lower quality. The adjustability is great though, and if it felt as good as the marz or fox it'd be the better fork.