Quantcast

Dj forks...

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
I know this is potentially repetitive, but I to minimize the amount of time I'm on this forum (my wife is starting to groan everytime she looks at the screen).

For the Tonic I have been considering just hanging on to my Pike 454 coil, running at 80mm. That might be a bit high and I think there is problems with clearance with the adjusters and DT. The second half of that is easy, but can they be lowered to make the height a little better?

Also, I'm considering some other fork, like Nemesis tuned DJ-1 or 4X. If there is some other option please let me in on it, but if anyone has experience with these forks fill me in on that, too.

The final option is the Manitou Gold Label, but I've never really cared for Manitou forks so I'm leary of this option. I do see a lot on bikes so they must not be horrible.

Just to clarify, I will be using the bike for jumping, probably some mild street and park, and a little bit of regular trail riding. I'm a buck seventy and a pretty smooth rider. Let me know if I missed anything. Thanks!

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Manitou gold labels are solid, stiff as all fVck, i just think the arch looks faggish
The arch looks like a cigarette? What are you smoking?

I'm digging the DMR Trailblade on my STP... If rigid is an option for you, t1, you should check it out.

pancho64

Monkey
Jul 28, 2007
i vouch for nempro forks. i have a tuned 66 and its the ish. just a tad heavy but its superior stiffness makes up for it. although im considering a dj1 as i wouldnt mind loosing 2lbs off my front end.

bottom line is go with nempro.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
i mean it looks gay
it doesnt only look gay, it is gay.

i didnt have my camera with me at the time, but i saw it having sex with not one, but TWO dudes. both were sick BMX riders, so i'm not gonna talk **** about the skill, but still...

u're right, it is "gay":shocked:.

Leon94

Chimp
Dec 10, 2007
McLean, VA
It seems many DJ/park/urban riders use Marzocchi Dirt Jumper 1, 2, or 3. I can't blame them. Marzocchi forks are one of the best out there, but do they have to be so darn heavy? C'mon...DJ2 or 3 coil @ +6 lbs??? 2 lbs heavier than most Medium hard tail frames alone.

I own a 2005 Marzocchi AM2, which is not designed for DJ, but it's a pretty lite "air/oil" fork for 125mm.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
mazo 4x lowered and tuned by nemesis project. why ride anything but the best. light, stiff, tuned for you and your riding, perfect height etc etc