Quantcast

DJ park progress - picture

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I found this picture on the WHIMPS site.

Funny thing is that I think I know who those two kids are, if they are who I think they are, they were at my house on the weekend with another friend of mine. They do live near the park.:rolleyes:

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
I am probably going out there next week to take some photos, if I don't get out before. They should have a decent amount of work done by then.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Chill they still have stuff to do:) I will let you know as SOON as I know.

Oh and there is more than jump building to be done, sod has to be put down, trees planted a a few other things.

DrewS

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Bellingham, WA
Originally posted by mplutodh1
Chill they still have stuff to do:) I will let you know as SOON as I know.

Oh and there is more than jump building to be done, sod has to be put down, trees planted a a few other things.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
I drove by the other day and was impressed by the amount of work that had been done. But... I was slightly worried about the size of the "run in" hill. It appears to be almost the same height that I would expect the bigger jumps to be. Isn't that a little low?? We need speed!

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Originally posted by ArEm7
I drove by the other day and was impressed by the amount of work that had been done. But... I was slightly worried about the size of the "run in" hill. It appears to be almost the same height that I would expect the bigger jumps to be. Isn't that a little low?? We need speed!
I think that we're gonna need a ton more dirt. The specs say that the roll-in is supposed to be 10 feet tall, it isnt there yet. The long pile of dirt where the 7 foot jumps are gonna be is surely not 7 feet tall. Hmmm, where is the dirt gonna come from?

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
Originally posted by dwaugh
I think that we're gonna need a ton more dirt. The specs say that the roll-in is supposed to be 10 feet tall, it isnt there yet. The long pile of dirt where the 7 foot jumps are gonna be is surely not 7 feet tall. Hmmm, where is the dirt gonna come from?
the contractor isn't going to make the run-in 10' tall. At that height there is a problem with the slope of the backside of the run-in in relation to the adjacent skate park. Looks like the architect failed to factor that equation in. Cashmoney has been on the scene with them, he would have more info then i do.

Also, the long pile of dirt where the jumps are apparently is just the stockpile for the jumps. Definately not enough dirt for the whole project. Luckily it is construction season, so it hopefully won't be too hard to find some fill.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Originally posted by roscifer

Also, the long pile of dirt where the jumps are apparently is just the stockpile for the jumps. Definately not enough dirt for the whole project. Luckily it is construction season, so it hopefully won't be too hard to find some fill.
Thats what I was thinking it was.