Quantcast

dj/street riding in west chester

gearwhine

Chimp
Jul 9, 2005
I am at villanova, PA, not at the moment, but once school starts up, not far from west chester. I heard of a good set of jumps in the west chester area. I can search some and let you know. If you're around in september, I'd be happy to meet up with you and ride.

hardtales

Chimp
Jul 23, 2005
Tega Cay, SC
so, what do you ride, gearwhine?
I'm in the market for a 26" dj bike, but for now I'll be on my old 20incher.
Is there good riding around Villanova?

gearwhine

Chimp
Jul 9, 2005
sorry, been a while since the last visit here. I've ridden 20" for years, never super hardcore, but I used to go out a lot...mostly did street. I just bought a 26" Ful suspension the other month, so I can ride whatever now.

Villanova's got no dirt, but some of the street riding is all right if you're into that, but it's not amazing. Lots of rails for those who can do them. I only do the rails on my snowbaord when it actualy snows now, but haven't touched a rail on my bike for over 4 years. The little devil crew used to ride there a lot when the shop was around, but now that's gone.

you in west chester all year around?

hardtales

Chimp
Jul 23, 2005
Tega Cay, SC
yep, west chester all year. Commuting to wilmington 4 days/week. there's good mtn biking spots inbetween. Been going every sunday morning lately. I hear there's good trails in Downingtown, right near me. Downhills, dirtjumps, all-around good stuff. Gonna check it out in the next few days.

oh, re: west chester. I've only ridden around the town a few times on my mtn bike. It's a cute little town & fun to ride around, but I haven't really spotted any potential jumps, drops, walls, etc.
yet...

overthebars

Chimp
Sep 26, 2004
downingtown is about to be plowed for a housing development. if you want to ride dirt steel city PA is good up near bethleham i go up there about 3 or 4 times a month