Quantcast

DJ/Urban Bike

DroppinaNorco

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Sac Town
Ive been doin the dh fr thing for a while and wanna get into dj and urban. Can anybody suggest a good frame/bike to start, price isnt a big deal but 1500 or under would be nice, and 100 and under would be great.
Thanks

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
cannondale chase 1, giant stp 1... i can go on and on, maybe a bit of clarification on what you want in the bike, front travel, any other prefences

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
between the 3 i would get the kona. im not a kona fan but they would be my choice out of those.

Huckermatt

Chimp
Sep 14, 2003
South Lake, WA
Have you looked at the Diamond Back Assault? For $1000 smackers you get an out of the box urban/dj and I believe it comes with the frame mount shifter for bar spins and such. Check it out!

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
there is an awesom nicoli up for sale in the complete bikes forum, i think its $1200, as far as i know its still available

DroppinaNorco

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Sac Town
I want it to mainly be a dj urban bike but it would be great if i could also use it as a hardtail dh bike. i have a dh bike but i wanna mess arond on a hard tail to see how it is. Is there anyway it would work to be both a dj urban and dh hardtail?

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
Check out the Haro escape series. I am on an 8.2 with a Z1FR drop-off II and with a little manipulation I think you could cook up something that would tickle your fancy.

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
I have an 05 stuff that is tricked out... Intense Mag30/Bulb wheelset, Manitou Sherman DJ, Diabolus cranks. Rides nice, but the h/a is a bit steep for some people due to the 80mm fork. I'm upgrading to a Santa Cruz Jackal frame because it has a shorter chainstay and a lower bb which should help remedy the lower fork height up front. Looks like a sick bike and at 500 bones I can't find a negative thing to say about it.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
sayndesyn said:
I have an 05 stuff that is tricked out... Intense Mag30/Bulb wheelset, Manitou Sherman DJ, Diabolus cranks. Rides nice, but the h/a is a bit steep for some people due to the 80mm fork. I'm upgrading to a Santa Cruz Jackal frame because it has a shorter chainstay and a lower bb which should help remedy the lower fork height up front. Looks like a sick bike and at 500 bones I can't find a negative thing to say about it.
nice!!!