Quantcast

dk legacy good bmx dirt jumping frame?

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
i was wondering if anyone knew if the dk Chris Doyle legacy frame was any good? anyone ever use the on-one runt? any suggestions on good 4130 dirtjump frames?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by diesel
i was wondering if anyone knew if the dk Chris Doyle legacy frame was any good? anyone ever use the on-one runt? any suggestions on good 4130 dirtjump frames?
the legacy is cool if you're a tall person or else I would go with the General Lee....D

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
thats why i was looking at it :p im 6'5" with freekie-long arms. i noticed thier large is noice n' long. plus i love that carolina blue...

S

seth399

hell ya, the legacy is sick. I have a 20" toptube general lee...Now that Ive had time to screw up on the bike and ride a bit, I wish i had a frame with a 20.5 or maaaaaaaybe even a 21" toptube

diesel

Monkey
Nov 26, 2001
what are some good d.j. wheels. i was looking at the oddysey hazards on danscomp...i really dont know much about bmx gear so any info would rock

monkeyboy424

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
Place
the oddesys would kick ass, and the alex triple walls would to, i have some haro unsld hubs laced to some mx- 22 alex rims, which are light and strong, and are only 80 dollas at frankfordbike.com i really suggest them

Sep 10, 2001
I have been on a Legacy for several months now... I love it.. I will be bummed to see it go.... As for wheels, I have had a set of Atomic Trail Pimps since Dec. and have only had to tension the rear wheel once.... They are pricey, but you get what you pay for....

Brian

Sep 18, 2001
Marin County CA
Originally posted by diesel
much appriciated! keep it commin! this is great info. hey i can pick this up for around 180$ would it be worth it just to have a bmx bike lyin around? i was thinking eventually upgrade pretty much everything ut keep the frame...

http://www.schwinnbike.com/products/bikes_detail.php?id=31
it's funny how all the big companies are trying to give their bikes that "hardcore" look. whatever happened to the chrome guys?

Ladle

Chimp
Mar 12, 2002
Olympia, WA
diesel-
the legacy is a great dirtjumping frame. I suggest getting heavier rims like the hazards or primo hula hoops(double walls) with primo son-of-a-bomb hubs.
having a lighter frame with heavy rims is probably the best setup for dj.
if you havent already, check out trendbmx.com, theyre nicer than the people at danscomp.