Quantcast

DK Pro XL for dirt jumping?

KaiMana

Chimp
Oct 12, 2001
Woodland Park, CO
I can get what I think is good closeout deal on a new frame. I will mostly dirt jump with some park and street. I know that the general lee or SOB is more suited for my uses. Am i likely to break it? Is there a difference in geometry between it and a general lee? What is msrp? What would a good deal on closeout frame be? Thanks alot:help:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by KaiMana
I can get what I think is good closeout deal on a new frame. I will mostly dirt jump with some park and street. I know that the general lee or SOB is more suited for my uses. Am i likely to break it? Is there a difference in geometry between it and a general lee? What is msrp? What would a good deal on closeout frame be? Thanks alot:help:
I think the frame will hold up to it all except for street....you need dropouts that protect the freewheel and the pro model is not designed for it. I think you would be better off with a General Lee.....although I could be biased because that's what I have. As for all your other questions, they can all be answered by a little visit to www.danscomp.com .....D

Right now Dans has General Lee's on sale!

KaiMana

Chimp
Oct 12, 2001
Woodland Park, CO
Originally posted by BMXman

I think the frame will hold up to it all except for street....you need dropouts that protect the freewheel and the pro model is not designed for it. I think you would be better off with a General Lee.....although I could be biased because that's what I have. As for all your other questions, they can all be answered by a little visit to www.danscomp.com .....D

Right now Dans has General Lee's on sale!
This may be a stupid question, but
What is the purpose of having brake on seatstay vs. chainstay?
I noticed all DJing and street frames have brake on chainstay and Pro XL has them on seat stay.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by KaiMana

This may be a stupid question, but
What is the purpose of having brake on seatstay vs. chainstay?
I noticed all DJing and street frames have brake on chainstay and Pro XL has them on seat stay.
the brakes are on the chainstays so they are out of the way and sort of protected in the event of a crash. The Pro XL is a racing specific bike and most of them use v-brakes...it would be difficult to mount them on the chainstays....the cable routing would be poor.....D