Quantcast

DK Xenia

Aug 16, 2008
I've searched and read all the threads that exist and nothing really pertinent to what I'm wanting to know. Based on my readings the Xenia is a pretty good complete for the money. I've looked at the specs on the 08 models and it looks decent. I'm pretty sure I want to buy the bike but was wanting some last minute thoughts or impressions from others that own the bike. Also looking for a place to buy from as none of my LBS are DK dealers.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
even though i have a new bike now, i still love riding my xenia (that's a xenia in my pic on the left). it feels very solid and stable in the air. it's also roomy if you're tall. 22.2"tt. i grinded the rear dropout slots so i could pull the wheel further forward and now the cs is 15 7/8" which is not bad.

the lowish bottom bracket and slightly more raked head angle makes it feel slightly more freeride than, say a blackmarket, which rides more like a bmx cruiser with a quicker head angle and higher bottom bracket. (but those same factors also make it feel very stable and easy to jump). if you want to learn tailwhips this is probably not the bike for you. it's on the heavier side--at least my 2006 was. also if you want to ride mainly skatepark and do tech tricks and you're a shorter rider you probably want something more compact, with an ultra-short back end and a shorter tt like a 21.5".

overall the xenia is a comfortable bike to ride (especially if you're taller) with good solid parts. a great deal for the money. everyone has different styles and preferences though, so i can't say it's the best for you.

Aug 16, 2008
I'm 6'2'' and mainly just ride street rarely park. Anyone else have any input or have an idea on where I could pick one up?

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
albes.com carries DK. they don't list the Xenia on the website but you could probably order one anyway if you called them, since they would just place an order with their dk supplier. albes has a good reputation.

http://oldskoolcycles.com/DKTwoSix.aspx
website says they have it in stock and ready to ship, but i have never heard of this shop. they seem legit though.