Quantcast

DMR bikes any good?

jeremyb

Monkey
Dec 3, 2004
Christchurch, New Zealand
Really nice frames, at least with the old ones their painting wasn't so hot, you needed to chase the threads of the BB and face the headtube, but otherwise I loved my trailstar LT when I had it.

mosplat

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Brooklyn <-> Oakland
DMR has been making dirt/street/park hardtails as long as, if not longer than, most aggressive hardtail makers. i haven't personally ridden one, but they have a very good reputation. i think you could count on their bikes.

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
i have there rear hub the thing is a tank but no complaints here good products all around as far as im concerned

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
I slaved long and hard assembling comfort bikes to build up the bike of my dreams in 2001. It was a Trailstar LT with a 5" DJ1 and all choice parts. I regret nothing. It was/is an amazing bike that I retired only after dummying every part on it. I am thinking about building it back up as a "mountain" bike and I wish I could manual my Molly the way I can sit on the back of that DMR. Like mos said, they have been doing it for as long or longer than anybody, and they do it well.

Nov 5, 2004
hartlepool, uk
my first proper dj' bike was also a trailstar lt [01..or whenever the first year lt was..], with psylos
fresh as!
like said above, parts went around the frame. snapped bent, but the frame stood well,
eventually it bent, but [and i advise against this now!] i bent it back into place and ran it for a long while after!

i would certainly say go for it
also they look sweet as a pair of monkeys testes!