Quantcast

DMR questions

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
I'm thinking about getting a DMR Trailstar, but I have a few questions. First, I have a shiver sc that I'm going to run on it, would I be better off getting the Trailstar LT, or would the shiver work good on the regulat Trailstar. Also, I'm 6'2" and a little worried about the fact that it only comes in one size, any tall guys on one that can tell me how they ride. Thanks :monkey: 's

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
if its the 130mm shiver SC get the trailstar lt. if its the 110mm shiver SC get the regular trailstar.

don't worry about your height, 6'2'' is fine for either trailstar. Remember all jumping bikes are small (for good reason) but 6'2'' is well within the normal range for this bike.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Go with the LT, especially if you ride other MTBs as well. It'll feel more 'normal' to you. Don't worry about the size, 6'2" is fine.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Good choice going with DMR BTW. So many DJ / Street riders ride them in the UK, I'm sure you'll not be disapointed. They are probably the most popular bike for this. However if you can get hold of one, and want something a little different (but basically the same) have a look at these people, also UK based:

http://www.24sevenbikes.com/home.htm

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
Yeah, those look nice too. But I work at a shop, so I have a deal on DMR's. I like the regular better than the LT, so I'm trying to aqquire an 04/05 Shiver SC with 100mm of travel. If anybody has one or knows someone who is trying to get rid of one, or knows where I can get them cheap, I'm definately interested.