Quantcast

Do all Hadley hubs now have 108 engagement points?

Discussion in 'Downhill & Freeride' started by dexterq20, Dec 23, 2005.

1. dexterq20

dexterq20 Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 1
    I've been using my Hadley 108 hub for about 8 months now, and it's solid as a rock. I know there was some discussion about the durability of these hubs when they first debuted (due to only 1 pawl engaging at a time), but I've been hearing some rumors that all Hadley hubs now feature 108 engagement points. Just out of curiosity, is there any truth to this statement?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Sir_Crackien

Sir_Crackien Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    from looking at some distributers websites it looks like that is true

3. davep

davep Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    The last that i talked to them (yesterday) they were going in that direction. Current production was 108 but the older style seemed an option. I think that they can build whatever you want with enough lead time...

BTW i am with you on the 108 durability...1.5 yrs on one and 9 mo on the other w/o any problems.

4. dhkid

dhkid Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    they also have a kit to convert the 36 ones to 108. anyone know how long more till their web site is up? cant wait...

5. Kntr

Kntr Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 20
    Suzanne told me Feb 1 but wait and see.

6. schweino1

schweino1 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    how can i tell the difference betwen a 108 point and a regular 36 point one....
    i just bought a 12x150 Ti body one, and the drawing it came with it says it has 36 teeth and 3 pawls... (is it 36x3=108?)
    a friend of mine has an older one and his is waaaaaaaay lowder than mine, is it a lube issue only?

7. 1soulrider

1soulrider Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 10
    Your hub will be louder in time. I had one that was very quiet for the first few months of riding, then one day it became much louder. I always wondered if it wasn't a sign it should be serviced?

8. speedster

speedster Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    As the oil and or grease wears out on the pawls of the hub the noise will increase over time. Don't worry, it's still all in there but it has been broken down from constant movement. I have two sets of Hadleys for 8 years, overhaul them once a year and they have been flawless.