Quantcast

Do all Hadley hubs now have 108 engagement points?

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
I've been using my Hadley 108 hub for about 8 months now, and it's solid as a rock. I know there was some discussion about the durability of these hubs when they first debuted (due to only 1 pawl engaging at a time), but I've been hearing some rumors that all Hadley hubs now feature 108 engagement points. Just out of curiosity, is there any truth to this statement?

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
The last that i talked to them (yesterday) they were going in that direction. Current production was 108 but the older style seemed an option. I think that they can build whatever you want with enough lead time...

BTW i am with you on the 108 durability...1.5 yrs on one and 9 mo on the other w/o any problems.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
they also have a kit to convert the 36 ones to 108. anyone know how long more till their web site is up? cant wait...

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
how can i tell the difference betwen a 108 point and a regular 36 point one....
i just bought a 12x150 Ti body one, and the drawing it came with it says it has 36 teeth and 3 pawls... (is it 36x3=108?)
a friend of mine has an older one and his is waaaaaaaay lowder than mine, is it a lube issue only?

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
schweino1 said:
how can i tell the difference betwen a 108 point and a regular 36 point one....
i just bought a 12x150 Ti body one, and the drawing it came with it says it has 36 teeth and 3 pawls... (is it 36x3=108?)
a friend of mine has an older one and his is waaaaaaaay lowder than mine, is it a lube issue only?
Your hub will be louder in time. I had one that was very quiet for the first few months of riding, then one day it became much louder. I always wondered if it wasn't a sign it should be serviced?

speedster

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
As the oil and or grease wears out on the pawls of the hub the noise will increase over time. Don't worry, it's still all in there but it has been broken down from constant movement. I have two sets of Hadleys for 8 years, overhaul them once a year and they have been flawless.