Quantcast

Do Any Frames Have 9mm Rear Dropouts?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Don't worry this thread seems stupid to me too, because I buy stupid brands I again have a stupid problem.
I bought a pair of Middleburn hubs because they were stupid cheap but the rear hub for some retarded reason is 9mmQR. I built the wheels up using CX-Ray spokes before I noticed the odd axle sizing, so now I need to work out a solution how the hell do I stop the hub moving around in my DJ frame.
All I can think of is to machine the axle out and fit a 100mm through axle.

Any ideas?

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Are you sure the hub is 9mm? Rear quick release hubs are typically 10mm. Intense adapters are for 10mm axles.

Front are typically 9mm.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Are you sure the hub is 9mm? Rear quick release hubs are typically 10mm. Intense adapters are for 10mm axles.

Front are typically 9mm.
Middleburn finally has rear hubs?
Yup it's 9mm, the same as a front QR hub I checked it with verniers.

Middleburn had this hub out years ago but they stopped selling them because there was a drama with the alloy axle so I got a steel replacement which was supposed to fix the drama but it too is 9mm.
Middleburn stuff is garbage I have no idea why Dirt like it so much, I replaced my RS7s with profile cranks and the bike feels like it accelerates so fast now. The RS7s twisted so much when you mash the pedals it felt like a waste of effort, they did make the bike ride a lot smoother though.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
If the axle's replaceable like that, it might not be too hard to make a 10mm one. Alternately you could make an adapter, a-la the Intense 10mm ones.