Quantcast

do hoops & yoyo need to be lynched?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
NAACP Forces Hallmark To Pull 'Racist' Graduation Card: Black 'Holes' or 'Whores'
The Los Angeles chapter of the NAACP last week forced Hallmark to pull from its shelves a graduation card the civil rights group deemed racist.

"Printed on the card, is dialogue such as, 'Watch out, Saturn, this grad is gonna run rings around you!'" reported the Orange County Register on June 3.

"And on the audio chip that plays once the card is opened, [characters] Hoops and Yoyo continue their riffing on all the things new graduates are going to do once they get out there to take on the universe...'And you black holes -- you're so ominous! And you planets? Watch your back!'"

But as KABC-TV reported, folks at the NAACP hear the words "black whores" (video follows with additional quotes from the OC Register and commentary)
i s'pose if i read it with something other than a canadian dialect i could see the similarities?

why after 3 yrs did this come to light?

this would be funnier if the naacp weren't so srs

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Is the NCAAP looking for some lawsuit related funding? Because that says black holes, unless you don't speak english...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I want to know who tipped off the NAACP? Somebody must've dropped a dime, how else would they ever come in contact with a graduation card?