Quantcast

Do Old People Protect Bat-Crazy Old People?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Forgot a word between bat and crazy, oh well.

Honest question here:

Do you think old people protect the old bat sh*t crazy people, serving as judges, congressmen, doctors, etc? I see people saying and doing things that just can't be defended, yet, no one seems to bat an eye? Is there some sort of "protectionism" by the slightly-younger old-people where they want to be able to still serve at those ages, so they protect the crazy ones that are still there? Is it a "protect your own" type of deal?

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'm talking about not having them removed for being old and incompetent, not having to answer for this and take cognitive tests to remain in their position (elected official, high amount of power, etc). I just feel that some of the judges we have, some of the congressmen we have, some police chiefs even (like sheriff joe arpio) and similar "officials" are not mentally "there" anymore, and they basically don't have to answer to anyone about because that's the way our systems are set up. Especially the ones 80yrs old and up. I know people have said they've met 80+yr olds that were mentally "sharp", but I haven't met many, if any that ever really fit that description.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I’ve met my share of oldsters but only one was bat **** crazy, she is a distant relative who refuses to pay her bills even though she has plenty of money. She claims she is dying and shouldn’t have to pay bills because “it isn’t right”. She has been doing this for over 10 years; keeping her out of collections is a full time job for her children.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Example: My AZ license, which I just handed over to another state, was valid for 50 years. FIFTY YEARS. You never have to renew, take a test, or anything. I also didn't have to take any kind of test when I got to AZ and just went in, handed over the old CA one, paid a small fee, got the AZ one. This means that old people in AZ are going to be driving around until they die, or hit something hard enough to die. The state of AZ does this to attract old people and retirees, and of course it's old people who make all the laws. Is it right that the laws are "stacked" in their favor?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Example: My AZ license, which I just handed over to another state, was valid for 50 years. FIFTY YEARS. You never have to renew, take a test, or anything. I also didn't have to take any kind of test when I got to AZ and just went in, handed over the old CA one, paid a small fee, got the AZ one. This means that old people in AZ are going to be driving around until they die, or hit something hard enough to die. The state of AZ does this to attract old people and retirees, and of course it's old people who make all the laws. Is it right that the laws are "stacked" in their favor?
Wait - you're commenting on old people stuff in *Arizona*? :rofl:

Everyone in AZ is bat$hit crazy... not just the old people.