Quantcast

Do people still use Sponsorhouse?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I was reading over in the DH tread, noticing that some folk still had links to their Sponsorhouse profiles.

I've long since retired from racing, but I still sort of have Team Fat Kids running in a very small way. All of our sponsorships were found the old fashioned way; calling, emailing, pressing the flesh, having a beer and working it out. I liked those sponsorships more, they worked better, the discounts were better, and they were based on a little more than what I can whip up on a preformatted template.

Does anyone still use Sponsorhouse? Has it gotten any better, or is it still pretty weak sponsorships given to almost anyone with a pulse?

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
But c'mon Biz, free stuff is where it's at, especially if I haven't earned it.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Nope. Linked in (formerly Sponsorhouse) doesn't dish out freebies to the masses. You actually (are you sitting down?) have to be a legit pro with top results to get freebies. That is unless you count stickers galore as your terms of a greement.
Wow...I always remembered Sponsorhouse being a joke and getting out-of-shape, beer-drinking weekend warriors hookups for no reason. Glad to see they seemed to have legitimized it since.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
You need to reconsider your stance on weekend warriors who like beer.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Nope. Linked in (formerly Sponsorhouse) doesn't dish out freebies to the masses.
linked-in is/was not sponsorhouse. they changed their name to Loop'd then to their current name, HookIt

i used the site for years and it helped me get a foot in the door with various manufacturers when i was racing 15+ races a year. i see it now being a site for groms looking for BRO deals but i dont see that being a bad thing for a manufacturer since it helps get them exposure.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Is there a site were I can get some sponsors ? I plan on upgrading to Pro Masturbator next season and could use some help with bandwidth and lube. Lots of training this winter...

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Is there a site were I can get some sponsors ? I plan on upgrading to Pro Masturbator next season and could use some help with bandwidth and lube. Lots of training this winter...
Stroke for the gold my friend, stroke for the gold.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Wow...I always remembered Sponsorhouse being a joke and getting out-of-shape, beer-drinking weekend warriors hookups for no reason. Glad to see they seemed to have legitimized it since.
No, its still exactly that..... You create an account and get I think ten free applications, every year you get three more freebies..... Everyone can get some kind of sponsorship, usually 10-20% off full retail price and such......You can purchase more sponsor applications of course... The site needs to make money as well

Once you have been there for awhile you might start getting some unsolicited offers from random companies, or you might start getting some real offers, my EVS sponsorship was a really good one for me, so was the SteelMX, those are teh teo that stand out for actuall real deals to be had. I was up to 70% off on one of them at one point and time... I was also putting in the effort needed to get those deals to go along with it.

Freebies dont happen unless your really ranking hi, anyone can get onto hookit and end up with a dozen so called "sponsorships".

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
I have a core group of 14 sponsors. Started when I was promoting my Make-A-Wish mtb fundraiser (upwards of 80-ish sponsors for that event), then used those contacts to secure support for my stepson when he decided to race, and finally for myself and my riding for Alaina. Good ol' fashioned mail and phone calls at first, now a quick email and/or phone calls.

I am very appreciative of their support....................