Quantcast

Do pros all run tubeless?

slothy

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
Ireland
Hey just wondering, do all the pros run tubeless?

Do they use UST or a version of Stans Notubes.....

Just wondering.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
to my knowledge it is all personal preference for them. i know a lot of them do and a lot of them dont, and as far as stans it is also a personal preference.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
NO they dont all run Tubeless, CK runs tubes, Had a hell of a time getting the tires of his demax's the otherday at fontana. Personally I have run both, and I like both, I do prefer a standard rim with a stans kit though.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
some do some dont, its not one or the other, thats why you see the pics of a pro on the side of the course with the tube and tire tangled in the bike

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I heard sam hill runs tire balls
What?!

LoL - that's a big negative Ghost Rider....

:)

Sam runs Maxxis Welter Weight tubes, which for World Cup DH useage IS pretty thin, but Sam being Sam...well - you know... Having Jacey in his corner kinda helps too.

:biggrin:

Also - the guys on the HRC / 23 Degrees Honda Team (Rest in Peace) ran tubeless on their RN01's with Mavic DeeMax rims which are basically EX823's, but (I don't think) all the time. As far as I know - If the track suited a particular rider's style, they'd run UST Maxxis Minion DHF's or UST Maxxis High Rollers - for Champery last year they were running the elusive UST Wet Screams... fancy.

Feb 26, 2003
plovdiv & boston
Also - the guys on the HRC / 23 Degrees Honda Team (Rest in Peace) ran tubeless on their RN01's with Mavic DeeMax rims which are basically EX823's, but (I don't think) all the time. As far as I know - If the track suited a particular rider's style, they'd run UST Maxxis Minion DHF's or UST Maxxis High Rollers - for Champery last year they were running the elusive UST Wet Screams... fancy.
As far as I know, some of those guys were running tubes, because they preferred the feeling over tubeless.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
no seriously, i heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy who has inside sources, and he said that sam hill runs tire balls for most courses, but every once in awhile he just runs solid rubber tires just for the sheer hell of it.