Quantcast

Do real roadies stop at starbucks?

OK - it's no secret the town IAB and I live in is a bit....how should I put this...."better than you" (snotty). LOL

The roadies don't stop at stop lights but they DO, however, stop at Starbucks. I was lmao yesterday when we stopped in for tea and coffee and there was a whole gaggle of "roadies" dressed to the nines in their best winter riding gear getting their caffeine fix.

The only place we ever stop is at a gas station for more gatorate or dunkin donuts for a pee stop. :monkeydance:

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Where's Loco? They do a pasty ride that has a stop at a coffee shop in the middle.

yes, it's pastry, but if you imagine the midnight nurp picture. Pasty is funnier.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'd like to take the Starbucks roadies on one of my rides. I stop to refuel at a few very scary places. One is a gas station that doubles as a taxidermy/ammo shop.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The roadies don't stop at stop lights...
Don't forget they also ride two wide, taking up half a lane on the busiest road in town and don't seem to care that cars want to get around.

Of course, it's not just the roadies. Everyone in town is an asshole. The only way to survive in this town is to be a bigger asshole than the person next to you. "I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes!"

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Don't forget they also ride two wide, taking up half a lane on the busiest road in town and don't seem to care that cars want to get around.

Of course, it's not just the roadies. Everyone in town is an asshole. The only way to survive in this town is to be a bigger asshole than the person next to you. "I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes!"
Did you just call your wife an asshole?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
If it's the only coffee shop, then yes they do. Roadies here stop at mom and pop coffee shops.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I only stop at stores when I'm dying and out of food/water. I figure when I stink that bad, it wouldn't be appropriate to sit in a nice establishment where other people are trying to enjoy their coffee

sperkins

Monkey
Feb 26, 2008
i wished i stopped at more starbucks!! but no most of the time we stop at some pretty unusual(but unique) reststops.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I should point this out: most road rides you clip into your pedals at the start and then you clip out at the finish. No stops for anything else.

Espresso and Cappuccino is a nice break from the monotony of those 4 hour rides.