Quantcast

Do the right thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trailslug46

Monkey
May 14, 2006
Indiana
Do you do the right thing because it's the right thing to do , or beacuse you fear some religious repercussions if you don't. According to a recent report on the CBS evening news 84% of the population claim some religious affliation . Count me amoung the 16% doing the right thing because it's the right thing to do.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Do you do the right thing because it's the right thing to do , or beacuse you fear some religious repercussions if you don't. According to a recent report on the CBS evening news 84% of the population claim some religious affliation . Count me amoung the 16% doing the right thing because it's the right thing to do.
Are you saying that people can't be both religious and righteous at the same time?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Nope, but I've been screwed over by more people wearing WWJD braclets then not .
Well that would only be natural, since, as you say, 84% of people claim religious affiliation... there's a much higher chance of being screwed over by one of them simply because they're much more numerous.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Nope, but I've been screwed over by more people wearing WWJD braclets then not .
So your limited experience allows you to create, let's call it, a "stereotype"?

I bet you've met a lot of blacks who like fried chicken and watermellon too? And don't forget about those failed business deals with them jews. Also, if you see a muslim, run the other way as they're going to blow something up.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
So your limited experience allows you to create, let's call it, a "stereotype"?

I bet you've met a lot of blacks who like fried chicken and watermellon too? And don't forget about those failed business deals with them jews. Also, if you see a muslim, run the other way as they're going to blow something up.
Quit being so jewish.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So you are saying I might still get cancer even though I have a Livestrong bracelet?

Man, what a ripoff.

<edit> Or are you saying Jeebus would rip you off, too?

Trailslug46

Monkey
May 14, 2006
Indiana
Some religious people say God only gives you what He thinks you can handle. Friends of mine have an eighteen year old son ( has a twin brother ) that has brain cancer. 1st surgery got a majority of the tumor and he should've been o.k. . The mother has a bad heart and put off her treatment until her son was out of danger. She had open heart surgery to repair a bad valve , before she could go back to work ( hasn't worked since January between taking care of her son and her own medical problems ) her son started having problems seeing ( same problem that brought the tumor to light ) cat scan showed the tumor is back and can't be operated on - has to have ratiation therpy. The weekend before he was to go in for treatment his dad tore something in his knee moving a tarp for Winter Drum Line he has to have surgery on his knee but can't pass the stress test so no surgery . Up untill this point Dad has been the only source of income. If God only gives you what He thinks you can handle hasn't He given them enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.