Quantcast

Do they ride hydraulic pumps?

J

JRB

The message while you hold says they ride everything they build. Do the guys at Marzocchi ride pumps too? I spoke with warranty, who said I could buy Wumpus' cartridge. I held for Brian in sales. He said I had to go through a shop for internal parts. I asked if he was the Brian that people chastized over the 888, and he muttered yes. He seemed a little pissed about it. Maybe it was just me, but we should apologize. I never rode one, so I stayed out, but here goes.

Brian - we are sorry. :thumb:

*do you guys ride pumps?

**looks like it's going to cost me $100 to change Wumpus' oil. They really mean 1.5 nM on the torque.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Having worked in shops for a while now, I've always had less-than-stellar service when dealing with Marzocchi, whether it be parts orders or warranty issues or whatever. Manitou, on the other hand, has been fantastic. :thumb:

J

JRB

They always answer my questions immediately. It sucks that people are so lame that we can't order parts now. I guess they figure people like me break stuff and it's a liability. They were pretty good when I had a steerer pressed in my X-Fly.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
Thanks for calling. :thumb:

Does that mean we can get it through the shop in Temple?
yes - do you want me to have him order it??

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
dexterq20 said:
Having worked in shops for a while now, I've always had less-than-stellar service when dealing with Marzocchi, whether it be parts orders or warranty issues or whatever. Manitou, on the other hand, has been fantastic. :thumb:
What shop did you work at!?!?!? Your last shop hates Mammy-Poo and their pathetic customer service. Long wait times, mediocre service instructions, and an inconsistent service staff.

I had a much better time with Marzocchi CS. Could be their forks are more easily serviceable.

However, was their a thread b8tching about Brian from Marzocchi and the 888?

J

JRB

sanjuro said:
However, was their a thread b8tching about Brian from Marzocchi and the 888?
Just baggin' on the 888 and him defending them. It was a long time ago, but in this galaxy.