Quantcast

Do you dislike shuttling?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ian F said:
My biggest issue with shuttling is how fricken' long it takes... Meet at the top... decide who's trucks go to the bottom... they leave... wait... they get to the bottom and get into the "transfer car"... we're still waiting at the top... they finally get to the top. We finally ride. Then everyone piles into the trucks and goes back to the top. Repeat. Too much waiting around and not enough riding, IMO.

And this is why my DH bike now has a triple on it... :)

Incidentally, I am also a telemark skier. ;)
:stupid: unless it's something like Monarch Crest that would involve 15+ miles of roadwork
- the shuttle has got to be worth the time.... like The Ribbon in GJ. Definitely worth the shuttle. :D

As for the telemark stuff, I'm not sure how to help you. ;)

-S.S.-

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Funny we were talking about this, this weekend. Instead of shuttleing we called it driving to the trail head. :)

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I think it basically comes down to this-

With time being such a limited and precious commodity, many bikers would just as soon spend the greatest amount of their weekly ride budget on the type of riding they most enjoy.

If it's total time in the saddle you enjoy, do an XC epic sans shuttle.
To maximize DH fun, though, you have to shuttle to the top by vehicle or lift...and the greater the total length of the descent the better so you only have to do the shuttle truck do-si-do once or twice. Those of you near elevation are the lucky ones, as we tend to have to shuttle a half dozen times to fill up a Saturday.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
llkoolkeg said:
I think it basically comes down to this-

With time being such a limited and precious commodity, many bikers would just as soon spend the greatest amount of their weekly ride budget on the type of riding they most enjoy.

If it's total time in the saddle you enjoy, do an XC epic sans shuttle.
To maximize DH fun, though, you have to shuttle to the top by vehicle or lift...and the greater the total length of the descent the better so you only have to do the shuttle truck do-si-do once or twice. Those of you near elevation are the lucky ones, as we tend to have to shuttle a half dozen times to fill up a Saturday.
:stupid:

-S.S.-