Quantcast

do you guys realize that..

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
we mtb riders spend so much time looking at our bikes? i find it interesting, there is got to be something we all have in common, its like we have a great attention for detail and quite a photographic eye.

Rick205

Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
I like white bikes because they are the bestest.....

EDIT: Ignore me, i have too many engineering assignments to do and im going loco....

:popcorn:

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
When I expect a piece of equipment to hold up under me I pay attention to ever detail.

Like packing your own parachute.

djamgils

Monkey
Aug 31, 2007
Holland
I took my bike and a friend with his bike on a holiday with my parents. first thing we did in the morning was just sitting in a chair looking at the bikes. my whole family couldn't believe how often I just sat there looking a the bike.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Mine's an 04 and I still sometimes stop by and look at it for a minute or two.

...mostly to think about what I need to fix.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
When I expect a piece of equipment to hold up under me I pay attention to ever detail.

Like packing your own parachute.
not really in that sense, like what djamgils says. just sitting there and looking, admiring every detail of the bike.

i only realized that coz each time i have friends over we hang out alot on the front lawn with our bikes, and end up just looking at them for ages.

MouseMonkey

Monkey
Jul 29, 2006
Salt Lake City
I particularly like rear derailleurs... XO and XTR are just amazing. It almost hurts to put them on the bike, knowing they are going to the grave sooner or later.

But then every time I put a good sparkle on my bikes, they're waiting there underneath all the gunk. Cooler than new, because where there was shiny aluminum and perfect machining, there are now scratches and marks that remind me of great rides.

Nice!

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
Yeah, like how i like your bike cuz all the angles jsut look dialed.

:)

btw, i got the xc bike already.
aww shucks, you say that but you dont mean it. :p

anyways, what sswf bike did you get? i need one man, getting bored of a dh bike in malaysia. also bored of pedaling the beast so far to ride over here also. the race in indonesia i could used a 5in bike man. oh yea, your mud tires are cut down now. :)

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
MM- stuff like that i want to hang up on the wall sometimes, i was thinking that with the sc jackal, i hate it as a bike, but it would look ace hanging on a wall.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
I took my bike and a friend with his bike on a holiday with my parents. first thing we did in the morning was just sitting in a chair looking at the bikes. my whole family couldn't believe how often I just sat there looking a the bike.
wUrd. I think I'm gonna pull my hardtail out of the basement and put it in my room just so I can go to sleep looking at it.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Mine comes to the shop with me and we play during printing! Then it sits and I mentally tighten all hte bolts with my kinetic powers (actually double check them with my tools for safety as well :D).
Printing eh..... as in decals and lettering-type printing?

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
As in wraps, photographic quality on banners, stickers decals, die cut/contour cut semi wraps boat wraps blah blah yaddy yaddy ya!'
YEP!

Hey, what the He11 are you riding now anywase?
Havent conversed with you in a long time.
Excellent, I'll have to get new lettering decals for my frame. Just not sure of the colours yet.

I'm still riding my Nucleon ST. Although ironically since I've moved out to BC, I've barely used it in almost 3 seasons! I've just been trying to change parts here and there. I have a 2005 Boxxer Team in front (might change to 06-07 Team) and still a Romic in back (want to change to Vivid).