Quantcast

Do you have a dress code at work?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Spoken or unspoken? We don't have a dress code per say, but its frowned upon to come in looking like crap. I wear a nice shirt and slacks most days

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
"Professional" dress code. Suits aren't necesarry, though most of the people high up in the food chain wear them. I wear dress pants, dress shirt and a tie 95% of the time. Once in a blue moon I'll wear khakis and a polo shirt.

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
The only rule where I work is nothing that'll offend liberals, I was able a couple of times to get away with wearing a shirt that said "Take it out and measure it". I always look like I just rolled out of bed.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
No sneakers, no jeans, must wear company logo polo shirt. 99% of the time I'm in khakis, black polo (w/ company logo) and hiking boots.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
The strictest dress code I have is at my kindergarten class... I think they're happy as long as my balls are tucked in my shorts.

Bikeshop (or anywhere else) is dirtbag apparel. I like working for myself.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
No sneakers or shorts. T-shirts must have collars. No logos on any shirts.

Open toe footwear allowed. Jeans without holes/tears allowed on Fridays.

I don't see how open toe is allowed but not sneakers :rolleyes:

JacobDW

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
Manassas, VA
just the standard Natl park service maintenance uniform, we can only wear other stuff if we have no uniform and the order is on its way in, otherwise its a requirement.

MTBstud12

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Tejas
Discount tire uniform - black dickies, a discount tire center shirt, and preferred black shoes.. Clean shaven... I hate that rule. I work in a tire shop..who cares if i shave

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
I make the rules for my office and I'm not strict, so as long as you don't come in looking like crap I don't say anything. Every now and again I have to pull someone aside and let them know that they need to pay more attention to their appearance.

But I want people to be comfortable when they work. Comfortable = happy = more productive.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
jeans & tshirts, shorts in the summer, I have work shirts with my name on them that I wear if I'm gonna be working on the floor. We have to wear steel toes and glasses on the floor and nomex coveralls if we're in our pressure vessel area.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Shirt, tie, slacks. Mon-Thurs. I only wear a tie on the days I'm meeting clients, however. Fridays are pretty flexible...just no beer t's or potentially offensive stuff and youre good to go.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
Working for a company like mine, you would think they would have a dress code. As long as it's neat and clean, just about anything goes. Jeans and a T-shirt for me

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Some days I wear button up shirts, just for kicks. Today I am going to wear Vans. It is the first day I haven't worn sandals since September or so. Pants are whatever. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to wear any. Not nekkid, but no pants.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
"business casual" wtf that is. I wear nice polo type shirts with nice slacks and dress shoes unless I'm at a meeting with my boss, then it's tie. Who was the mad man that created those things?

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
"business casual" wtf that is. I wear nice polo type shirts with nice slacks and dress shoes unless I'm at a meeting with my boss, then it's tie. Who was the mad man that created those things?
What, you don't like walking around all day feeling like you're being strangled by a weak midget? :busted:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
No explicit dress code. We went through a phase when they discouraged jeans, which has long passed. The whole outfit dresses down, but not slovenly. Occasionally you see somebody in business geisha garb, but not too often.
that's about what we have. more implied. it's pretty rare for people to wear ties, even big wigs, aside from when FDA or the like are in.

i can get away w/ jeans.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The HVAC system here is screwed up so I usually end up wearing a polo shirt or a hooded sweatshirt.

Everyone else here wears the same pastel colored Ralph Lauren long sleeve button up shirt. I've been in meetings where everyone was wearing different colors of the same shirt. Of course I was sporting my hooded sweatshirt. Since I'm pretty much the only one who doesn't carry around 100 lbs of fat based insulation I can get away with it.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Shorts/ T shirt, strictly casual in the carto world. The sales guys get the business casual though.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Full suit every day. Standard business colors.
The unspoken is to make sure it falls under the conseravitve end. You do not want to be more casual/relaxed than your most conservative client.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
My company says "business casual," but I think anything other than naked is acceptable. I try not to look like a scrub-tart, though, as I am no longer in the lab everyday. :weee:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
:stupid: If I have a concert, meeting or something major, I will dress up, but that's about it...especially in the winter. We can also make a donation to the charity of the month and dress down on Fridays.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I was going to rock shorts and my beer stained shirt today, but it was cold.

We have the whole "business casual" standard, but unless I have clients that day I either work from my house or wear as I damn well please